Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by arby70: Enjoyed Our Cruise

Enjoyed Our Cruise

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

I thought the décor of the Miracle was not bad at all. The Bacchus dining room kind of grew on me. The ship was clean, the crew was very personable and the food was pretty good.

There did seem to be a pretty much constant vibration that was noticeable unless the ship was going very slowly like in the Tracy Arm Fjord. We were midship on deck 4, and the vibration could be felt there and pretty much the whole ship. I thought the ship handled the waves pretty well; only took Bonine and I never got sea sick. I think the captain did everything he could to keep the ship safe and the ride as comfortable as he could. All the crew was hard working and very gracious.

My only complaint on the food end was the buffet had few choices as most of the food stations close down early at dinner time. You can still get pizza and sandwiches, but other than that, the main entrée buffet was limited. I had several very good meals at the dining room for dinner. We tried the More dining room for breakfast and found it not to our liking. We liked that meal much better in the buffet area as there is a lot more to choose from. We did not try the dining room for lunch either as we either used the buffet or ate at the ports.

We went to the production shows and they were pretty good. The Beatles show was the best one we thought. Didn't go to the hypnotist (we think those are kind of lame) or the comedy shows. I did enjoy John Heald, the CD. He was pretty entertaining and funny. Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Miracle Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Miracle Balcony Main 4171

Our cabin was very comfortable. It was quiet and our cabin steward kept it very clean. The balcony was very nice to have. Eventhough it was a cruise to Alaska, we used our balcony a lot. The wonderful, thick robes that come in the cabin are just the ticket when you want to go out on the balcony and look out at the ocean and coastline. We like the lower decks for motion sickness problems we tend to have some trouble with. We were very satisfied with the cabin and its location.