We have never sailed on Celebrity cruise ships and sadly will never again! We found the cost of the cruise was very expensive and that everything on board was a "money making business". The crew were great, and the Captain a delight and the ship somewhat "tired" and in desperate need of upgrading. However:
1. Having paid for an upgraded cabin found it very small and suffered bruised legs trying to get round the bed at night! No room for manoeuvre.
2. The bathroom is for "stick insects" and if you are a large person don't shut the door!
3. Although we had a balcony and were on deck 9, the overhang from deck 10 meant that the sun had no chance whatsoever to shine on the balcony ever. All other cabins below deck 9 were bathed in sunlight - when it occurred.
4. The food was presented in such a way, you would be forced to go on a diet unless you chose to eat in the exclusive restaurants which were superb. However, at £50 per couple per evening (over and above what you had already paid), it became very expensive.
5. The entertainment was mediocre to say the least and only happened every other night, with intervening nights showing a "new" film that did not start until 10.30pm!
6. On docking days when a shuttle was needed to get into town (with no taxis available in the dock area) everyone going ashore were charged $12 each for the return journey - take it or stay on board.
7. In order to cut down on large bills at the end, we opted for a package deal which included drinks but if you did not do this, there was an excessive charge on board for alcoholic drinks, tea, coffee, ice cream, biscuits and even water!
8. Wifii on board cost $50 for 90 minutes and then it did not always work.
9. Entertainment during the day when at sea was poor unless you liked listening to the drone of uninspired lecturers other than the Captain who was the best entertainment on the ship - he was an absolute delight.
10. The whole cruise for 2 people staying on deck 9, including air fares to Amsterdam return, drinks and gratuities cost over £7,000!!! We found a cruise on Seabourn or Crystal (5* luxury ships) going to the Mediterranean for 14 days cheaper which included all of the above, including wifii.
Sadly the cruise to recover from major surgery did not turn out well - it made us want to get off and return home early. If you go on Celebrity cruises, be prepared to make sure you have an overdraft in place before going.