Island Escape Cruise Review by holidays69: OK - GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY

OK - GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Palma de Mallorca

I have done 3 other cruises on this ship and this time found it changed, as far as I am concerned not for the best. Don't get me wrong it is still excellent value and if you go on here wanting to have a good time you will. Go on board want glitz and glamour and you are wasting you time.

Staff excellent, they cant do enough for you but we found that there are not the same amount of staff going around the ship asking if you want any more drink. The last times we were on board every time you turned around someone was there asking you what you wanted, now and probably because it is an AI ship you don't get that. I know this is picky but that was part of what we enjoyed.

Food, can't complain. Plenty of choice, even though you get the same choice in both Beachcomber and Island restaurant. You can pay for both Oasis and Black Rock, we didn't try either. Black Rock is just part of Beachcomber with net curtains running from ceiling to floor, so not very private. In fact More guests on ship walk past you looking in as they go to Beachcomber. Its a good idea but please change it to a better place, maybe use the internet room as I didn't see anyone use it the week I was on board.

Entertainment, lots of laughs. The cruise director and the rest of the staff work very hard to ensure you have a good time.

There are never enough sun beds on ships and people do complain about this. Don't suppose there is anything that can be done about this.

The Sailaway bar was a disappointment for us, we have always used this on an evening to sit and have a drink in the dark, always lovely, but now it is where the smokers go. I know they have to have somewhere, but why all of this part of the ship?

Cabin clean and kept that way by fantastic staff. It was as thought they hide and wait for you to leave so they can go in and make sure that the cabin is tidy - Thanks very much.

Will I use this ship again, yes, but with different expectations. Less

Read more Island Escape cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Island Escape Review >>

Cabin review: Island Escape 7537

Clean and tidy, could use an upgrade but nothing major.