Norwegian Star Cruise Review by Beach Reader 9: Incredible experience!

Beach Reader 9
Member Since 2011

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Norwegian Star Baltic Sea Cruises

Incredible experience!

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Copenhagen

St Petersburg was on my bucket list so this cruise was a MUST DO! Our room steward could not have been more accommodating, always responding quickly to our requests for ice, coffee pods, etc. Given the many sights to see at each port, passengers were consistently returning late in the day. This created a log jam in the Dining Room after 6 pm with 1 hour waits and long delays during your meal. The lines were also long at buffet dining and after a busy day of sightseeing I really wanted to sit and have someone bring me my meal! Many hungry diners opted for the premium dining rooms (where fixed time reservations can be made), willing to pay the extra $ to avoid the wait. My recommendation - be first in line when the dining room opens or purchase the premium dining package and reserve your table for a more convenient time each night. The food prepared pool-side during out At Sea days was delicious!

Our small group was booked around and including a Family Suite so we had priority More disembarking. This was VERY helpful in St Petersburg where it could take up to 2 hours to get through immigration on the first morning. Most tours are very aware of this and plan accordingly. Immigration took much less time thee 2nd day.

The ship docks very far away from Old Town in Stockholm. I suggest that you pre-reserve a taxi or tour to pick you up at the dock. We did this and were grateful as hundreds of passengers haggled for the few available taxis. Taxis returning to the ship (for a party of 4 or less) are easily found around the palace in Old Town.

While the dining situation was unfortunate, and possibly unavoidable, in all other areas the Star was wonderful! Less

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>