Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by AppleApple

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by AppleApple
Celebrity Infinity
Celebrity Infinity
Member Name: AppleApple
Cruise Date: May 2014
Embarkation: Copenhagen
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
See More About: Celebrity Infinity Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated

Average

Have cruised more 20 times on various lines and ships (but never with Celebrity). Came across this particular cruise vising Iceland and some other very nice ports so decided to book. Got a balcony cabin and the weather was fantastic so no complaint there. I thought I would write this review to express some of my personal opinions which others may find useful when deciding whether to opt for this ship (Infinity).

Embarkation at CPH was a little shambolic; very long wait I am sure something can be done to improve this process.

The cabin was adequately clean, except for on the top of the TV where a lot of dust has accumulated. The mini fridge was not cold. I bought my own shampoo but not shower gel due to luggage allowance limit on flight over from UK to CPH. There was no shower gel provided just small bar of soap. I was a bit annoyed as if I had known, I would have brought my own shower gel along. The shampoo provided was in a small pitiful bottle. I have very long hair and so it does not last more than a day (even when used conservatively). Yet when asked for more, I felt the steward was begrudging this and I got one new bottle every other two days. Luckily, as said I had brought my own.

There were not many interesting activities for sea days. However, as stated we did not mind as we just enjoyed sitting on the balcony instead.

The food in Trellis was hit and miss. Service was ok from the waiter but not sure the role of the assistant waiter as we hardly ever saw her? Since their wages are mainly from tips from passengers, I wonder if Celeb created this extra new position for a reason. On a few occasions we dined on deck 10 as the food seemed better there compared to the restaurants and we saw our assistant waiter also on this deck so not sure why she was in two places.

Our wine sommelier was appalling in knowledge, service. and attitude. Came across another in the bar she was very nice and polite. We bought a wine package it was not very nice; these bottles you probably wouldn't shell out more than 3 dollars at home yet on this ship they charge well over $100, a total rip off. We wish we had investigated the possibility of brining our own wine and pay for corkage fee.

We paid extra to dine in SS and Qsine. SS was good but we felt Qsine was definitely overhyped. Don't get me wrong, if you have $40 spare by all means do try as the concept is quirky. However the service and food were appalling in equal measures. Some reviews I have read indicated too much food yet as soon as we sat down our waitress told us we were allowed to choose 3 starters dishes and one main only to share (the portions are not big). .. We chose disco shrimp and it is ... ladies and gentlemen, prawn cocktail in a glass, the glass sat on a flashing light cube. We looked forward to the Alaskan crab but when it came out was a ball of mess covered in sauce. The sauce was nice but whatever it was, could not taste the crab so it could have been a seahorse for all we knew! The soup was the only tasty thing however served in a test tube and had to be drawn up by a straw. Needless to say, was very fiddly so after two tries each time withdrawing 1 ml of soup we gave up. Even if we didn't, it must be mentioned here that for each dish, the waitress was rushing to remove even though we had not finished, perhaps because the next one was ready. The desserts included three types of icecream which you could have made yourself from the icecream parlour on deck 10. So we did feel cheated with Qsine having had to pay extra. Would have liked to try the indian or Lebanese but as said the waitress said we could only have 3 starters and 1 main. In her very words ' You will have to show me what you ordered on the ipad and once I am happy I will allow you to go ahead. and you can choose 3 starters and 1 main. I do feel Qsine is a case of ' everyone was applauding the emperor's elaborate outfit until someone shouted the emperor is naked... well I am that someone. As said, the food was edible but you ought to know if it is worth your dollars. Hope you make the right choice.

Overall it was ok a cruise but we would probably cruise with Princess again.

Publication Date: 07/02/14