Carnival Glory Cruise Review by LuvtoCruise50

Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Awesome Cruise full of Glory

Well, it has been a week since we returned from our cruise on the Carnival Glory. Overall, we had a fantastic time and enjoyed the entire trip. So that I end on a good note I will start with the couple of minor negatives that we experienced on our vacation.

The last cruise that we were on was on RCI, and I was spoiled by the un-intrusive photography. I found it very annoying that every night at dinner someone wanted to take my picture. It was even more annoying that traffic on the promenade deck was obstructed every night for photo ops. This is the main walkway from forward to aft and it was always extremely crowded. This leads me to my second complaint.

Latin music is lively, rhythmic, and fun. But in the main lobby was absolutely too much! The volume alone made it unbearable to be on any level of the lobby, much less sitting and enjoying conversation with friends. Furthermore, if I did have any good pictures taken, I couldn't stand to even look at or purchase them because of the excessively loud Latin music. I spoke to someone in the photo shop, yelling in each other's ears I might add, he said the there were many complaints, but nothing was being done about it. He also agreed that it was impacting photo sales. I'd like to add that several of the clubs were playing loud youth type music to empty rooms, no one was in the club dancing...many people enjoy 50s, 60s, and 70s music and might have spent more time dancing and enjoying the club if a different type music was offered.

Finally, I personally thought the shows were the worst I'd ever seen...12 cruises...8 on Carnival. The Diva show was the most disgusting yet. The vocals were hideous with the exception of the blond male and the Asian female. And again LOUD doesn't necessarily make music good.

With that said, embarkation was a breeze. We arrive at the port around noon expecting to wait to board due to an email we received, however, we checked in and went right on board. We chose an outside cabin on deck 1. Our room steward Rafl was awesome and as requested kept us supplied with fresh ice daily! He was kind and helpful, introduced himself to us on day one and called us by name every day after.

We chose this cruise because of the ports. We loved Halfmoon Cay, Turks and Cacaos, and St. Maarten, San Juan was just ok, nothing special.

I personally enjoyed the new "Americas Table". Having a choice of sides was great...Mac n Cheese yummy...steaks in main dining room were delicious and always cooked as requested. Our waiter Franz and his assistance were awesome! They were friendly, courteous, and attentive to all our wants and needs. They always used our names when talking to us. Guys Burgers were over the top...fantastic addition to the food service! Buffet was ok...but I'm not a fan of buffets anyway. The cantina was good too and the Fish n Chips were a little doughy...under cooked, but good otherwise.

Cruise director Dr. E was probably the best I've ever seen. Full of energy, he was seen everywhere , mixing and mingling with passengers. He always seem to make time to talk to anyone who stopped him.

Debarkation...what can I say... It was what it was...took some time, but was painless.

Overall, For the money, Carnival provides a wonderful vacation! I will continue to recommend Carnival Cruise Lines to all my friends and family, and look forward to reaching that Platinum status very soon!

Publication Date: 07/02/14