“Mixed Feelings”

xmasteach
Member Since 2007
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I think it's important that we look at both the good and bad of Vision of the Seas.

Good

1. Embarkation was a breeze, got there at about 11, and no real issues.

2. Oceanview on deck 2 forward was comfortable to two, and well maintained by Victor.

3. Ship appeared in good shape after renovation.

4. Some of the shows were great, the ventriloquist was so funny, and the man of many voices was also a riot.

5. Bermuda was a incredible.

6. History professor from Auburn was incredible, attended each of his presentation. Wonderful

7. Met some of the friendliest cruisers I have ever encountered. Enjoyed most people we encountered.

OK

1. Food was usual cruise dining, we ate at 6:00, but service very slow, we were usually the last one out of the dining room.

2. Limited closet space.

3. No shampoo or lotion.

4. Did not even get off the boat in the Bahamas.

5. Crowded, I think the ship was full. Hard to hunt down table in Windjammer.

6. Try to get a bite to eat late at night?? No 24 hour option.

7. Part of Promanade Deck was closed.

8. Charleston, great stop, just did not see much.

9. Solarium full of chair hogs.

Not so Good

* Note, I missed a step walking in a dark area between art display. Went to clinic on boat, doctor x-rayed and said not broken and to exercise it. It hurt so bad spend the next day in ER in Charleston, was broken so I spend the rest of the cruise on narcotic pain killers and muscle relaxers in a sling. This my taint my opinion so take this into account.

1. Must replace burnt out LED lights on steps.

2. Disembarkation a ZOO, since most were from Florida most elected to walk off at 7:15. Broken are made no difference when trying to get by.

3. The production shows were poor, to be kind. Also had to leave Jersey Boys how since they really were not that good.

4. Customer Service full of lip service, the only thing we saw was for a ruined cruise was $250 ship board credit. Said they would give us certificate for two of the ten days, on a future cruise, and we would see it in our cabin before we left. ($175) Nothing appeared. I was hoping they would pay my out of pocket expenses, but Customer Service on land was not very open to that idea. I'm out over $1200 to date.

Warning: Be very careful walking around this ship, there are many hazards. I was not the only one injured. They also asked us not to discus this with anyone. :)

5. My injury really prevented my from enjoying many things on the boat, spa, pool....

Vision of the Seas Cruises to Bermuda
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

2524
Room OK, not much of an ocean view since bed under window. If I had choice put beds in twin configuration, so window actually has view. Since this was a NON connected room we had a couch. Connecting rooms only had a chair. Small closet than I'm used to. Motion or noise no issue.
Published 07/02/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Vision of the Seas Review
Vision of the Seas Cruises to Bermuda
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?