Viking Legend Cruise Review by pennypreston@rogers.com: Perfect! Perfect! Perfect!

pennypreston@rogers.com
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Viking Legend Europe - River Cruise Cruises

Perfect! Perfect! Perfect!

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Passau

I was one of a group of 6 Canadian friends all taking our first river cruise & it certainly wont be our last.

We all agreed it was the perfect way to travel. From the time you are met as you arrive at the dock until you reluctantly disembark, your every need is met by a friendly, helpful, & fun staff. It is wonderful to just walk off the ship into historical, beautiful places - no waiting for tenders or being part of a mob scene which overwhelms the site you are visiting as happens on the big ocean liners. Its such a civilized way to travel.

The shore excursions /tours were all excellent, the personal service exemplary & I don't have enough superlatives to describe the food .It was decadently delicious... .We had great fun with the dining room staff who seemed to truly enjoy their jobs, the guests & working with each other. Julia & Ali deserve special mention.

Our cabins were very comfortable (French balcony) with wonderful changing More views. The only negative is you occasionally have to raft with another longship because of scarce docking facilities which obstructs the window view on half the ship. We had a very funny incident happen because of this rafting practice. . One of the passengers from our ship went down from the deck to the buffet & wound up at the buffet of the ship we were rafted with. He was seen wandering along the deck of that ship not realizing he was on the wrong ship till his wife started calling to him "You're on the wrong ship". Everyone was in stiches laughing as was he when he realized his mistake.

I was particularly impressed with the organization of everything. They even had alternate shore transport arrangements available for the "gentle walkers", as they called those with mobility issues, so that they wouldn't miss seeing whatever site was being visited. It was really obvious that Viking are experts at what they do & do everything in their power to make your cruise memorable & special. It certainly was for us & I for one would do another Viking river cruise in a heartbeat & I know my fellow travellers feel the same.. Less

Read more Viking Legend cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Viking Legend Review >>

Cabin review: Viking Legend 226

I require a single cabin & was so pleased that the Legend has singles - but disappointed that almost none of the other Viking ships seem to have them when I want to book another cruise. My cabin was perfect - large enough, well appointed, huge windows that opened, almost like being in an RV in that every inch was utilized but not cramped..I particularly liked having so much choice on the TV, WiFi access, Occitane toiletries,& a very comfortable bed.  I hope you will include some singles when designing future ships.