Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by yakuzakaz: Disappointing

Disappointing

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

My first clue that this trip was not going to be as good as I hoped was when I was told that there was an issue with the ship and that we would not be able to make a certain cruising speed, so they had to cut out one port that we were going to visit. They offered a full refund, but if I changed my airfare, it was going to cost me $. So I continued on and was hoping for the best.

I guess that is where I should start, the best: the shore excursions. We booked a few through the ship and had a great time. Although because of rough weather and fog we were late into Victoria, BC and our excursion was cancelled, so we just walked in the rain to the small fisherman's wharf.

The extended balcony was good, but do not book on this level. You will hear all of the chairs being moved around on Lido Deck (deck 9, just about you)

The bad: usually when I go on cruises I know that I am going to gain weight because of all of the great food. I usually like to dine at the More buffet, because the food is usually very good and I get a great selection. NOT THIS TIME. The food in the buffet was usually cold and tasteless. The staff was also not much help. When one of the trays was empty or almost completely empty you had to ask the staff to change it, that is if you could find them. The steak house (where you had to pay extra) was good. We ate in the dining room a few time and the food was hit or miss, sometimes good and hot, or warm and tasteless. I figured when the food was cold, it was because they had so many dishes to prepare in a short amount of time. I have sailed with Carnival before and did not have a problem, so perhaps it is only this ship and destination. In short, I would not recommend Carnival for an Alaskan cruise and would recommend you do your homework before booking anything with them. I know I will. Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>