“Great Family Summer Vacation”
Cruise review of Norwegian Getaway

will1121 Norwegian Getaway 5 Great Family Summer Vacation
will1121
Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

We have cruised on all the major cruise lines and I have to say that I am a big fan of NCL Freestyle. We booked a balcony cabin and a single cabin on that was close by for my son. The singles cabins have a very cool modern look along with a dedicated lounge with an espresso machine, snacks, games and a bar. Only those cabins have key access to this area.

The ships interior has a W hotel modern and tasteful look. Many choices for dining and drinking including an innovative waterfront area. The ropes course had a beam 17 stories over the side of the ship where you could snap photo while your heart was pounding out of your chest. The glow party was extremely fun and energetic. During the sunny days I spent my time mostly at Spice H20 where they had a refreshing waterfall. The staff was very friendly. I love Cuban food but live very far from Miami. It was a treat to have Cuban food at the Flamingo every day. It was almost as good as my mothers cooking. I saw a lot of families on board having a good time.

I will sail on the Getaway again even though I have never sailed on the same ship twice in the past.

Norwegian Getaway Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

11734
nice layout and the balcony was comfortable
Published 06/30/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Getaway Review
Norwegian Getaway Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?