Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Brynhawkins: Fantastic Cruise

Fantastic Cruise

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

Having cruised with P & O, Thompson, Fred Olsen and Maritime Cruises we were wondering how Celebrity would stack up against the rest. No need to worry everything about the Silhouette was absolutely fantastic.

The food was second to none, in the dining room the selection was excellent as was the service and the meat we had was out of this world. The buffet bar on deck 14 was packed with excellent food throughout the cruise for breakfast and lunch if you can't find something to eat there must be something wrong with you.

We only had one complaint about the entertainment and that was the very poor American Comedian Steve Caouette he was hopeless but I have to say the Americans loved him their sense of humour is so different from ours.

The two best acts were Nick Page and Lindsay Hamilton they were really good.

We had a beverage package included in the price we paid and although not being big drinkers we saved a great deal of money as the prices of More drinks are well over the top.

The itinerary of the cruise was excellent we loved Santorini and Rhodes two places we had not visited before.

For the money we paid with all drinks included we thought it was really good value for money.

The very place I wanted to visit on this trip was Ephesus but I'm afraid I was somewhat disappointed in it there were lots of people there and our guide whisked us through very quickly and I found it difficult to hear her through our walkie talkie equipment.

Our cabin with a balcony was great very well looked after by the cabin staff nothing was to much trouble for them it was the same with the rest of the staff throughout the ship.

I had a problem finding anything to complain about other than the price of drinks which didn't effect us directly.

We would certainly book with Celebrity again. Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Silhouette 7120

Very good cabin on deck 7 bathroom the best we have had on any cruise. Very quite area.