“Celebrity Reflection Review”

Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

This was our first experience with Celebrity Cruise Lines, specifically the Reflecton. Overall, the whole experience aboard the Reflection was excellent. They do a wonderful job of providing areas on the ship for both the young and older folks. However, what I was most impressed with was the excursions that they provided, especially the different levels depending on one's physical abilities. We took excursions to Ephesis, The Amalfi coast/Pompeii, and Santorini. All were beyond our wildest expectations, and well worth the cost. I imagine getting all those people to their right staging points was a logistical nightmare, but the staff of the Reflection made it look so easy. The tour guides we had were wonderful, and very informative.

With regards to dining, my wife and I were some what disapointed in the quality of the food in the Opus dining room. We felt that the other cruise lines we have been on provided better quality. The service, however, was very good, with attention to detail. We actually felt the onboard cafe had the best food overall. The specialy dining is very over-rated, and not worth the expense, other than the Lawn Club, which was enjoyable with the crowd that was present.

As to the entertainment and stateroom, we receive great service from our stateroom attendant Steve in 1144, Concierge level. He went out of his way to hook up an extention cord so that my wife could use her CPAP machine. The stateroom was always kept clean, and Steve always paid attention to detail. Now, as to the entertainment. This was the most disapointing part of the cruise for us. Again, the quality of the entertainment was by far better on other cruse lines we have taken. The exception was were the Reflection dancers, singers, and specialty acts. They were simply awesome!

Finaly, as to the crew aboard the Reflection. My wife and I noticed on several ocassions officers scolding their subordinates in front of the patrons. We were not happy to witness such activity on this or any cruise. We realize that the crew come from different countries and ethic backgrounds, but they should be made to understand that their beliefs, such as the cast system in India, should not be tolerated in this environment.

Again, our overall experience with Celebrity Cruise Lines was excellent, and we would not hesitate to use this cruise line again.

Celebrity Reflection Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

1144
Steve was fantastic. My wife required the use of her CPAP machine, and Steve went beyond normal service to make sure that an extension cords was provided. Thanks Steve for a job well done!

Ephesus

We did not know what to expect with ths excursion, but this was our favorite because of the archeological sites and history of the area. Great job Celebrity!

Read 209 Ephesus Reviews
Amalfi Coast

We so enjoyed the boat ride along the Amalfi coast. Pictures do not give justice to the beauty of this area. Pompeii was an added treat to see all the history that seemed as if it was yesterday. Just amazing!

Beach Break

What a beautiful island. We enjoyed the black sand beach, and lunch over looking the bay.

Published 06/30/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Reflection Review
Celebrity Reflection Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?