Sea Princess Cruise Review by Rhoda Grant

Cruise Date: June 2014
Embarkation: Brisbane
Destination: South Pacific
Cabin Number: P345
See More About: Sea Princess Cruise Reviews | South Pacific Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Sea Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Sea Princess Deck Plans
Trial run!

This cruise was a trial run for my husband and I, expectations was nil, so when we boarded our mouths were gaping with the Regal looking atrium. Boarding was a breeze, had no trouble what so ever, the flow was pretty well oiled, customs no problem. Our bags were tagged then next we find them at our room. Being in an inside cabin I thought we would be like sardines, but that changed the moment we entered. Ajit our cabin man was always helpful with any of our needs the room was always fresh with clean linen everyday, fruit delivered whenever wanted.

Our very first meal was in the Horizons Buffet, boy, I was glad I didn't have a big brekky! sure was plenty of choice, even for the pickiest person no body could ask for more, then there was the restuarants loved every meal, especially the lobster & prawns, bread rolls were to die for, couldn't get any fresher & choice was unbelievable .

Now the entertainment was super not a night went by without something happening, why we slept in a few times, it's only that I didn't want to miss out the breakfast at the Traviatto restuarant with all those lovely waiters waiting on us!! My husband & I decided not to get off the ship at Noumea or Isle of Pines due to rain but the sun was out in Vila, that was an eye opener to me as I didn't expect to see piglets as pets running in & out of homes. The children were just adorable their smiles should be bottled, I could have cuddle everyone we met. The taxi driver we had charged us $100.00, he drove us all round the island including his own village, Joseph was a little hard to understand but we had full on air conditioning which was very much appreciated. We paid at the end of our ride as then we know he wouldn't run off to get other fares. Joseph dropped us at the duty free shop, then picked us up to return to our wonderful ship. The coffee card was very worthwhile staff made perfect drinks enjoying many at the Explorers Bar. Disembarkation was well organised, the colour code system was so easy to follow. We are so looking forward to our next cruise this October to New Zealand.

Publication Date: 06/29/14