Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by larry_kak: A great cruise on a great ship

larry_kak
Member Since 2006

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

A great cruise on a great ship

Sail Date: June 2014

I would have to admit that I was a bit skeptical initially because of the sheer numbers of people, but after embarkation, it did not seem crowded.

It is a great ship and we look forward to doing it again. My advice would be as follows:

1. Be sure to reserve your times for all of the shows that you want to see as quick as you can. We encountered a number of people that did not reserve and were unable to see a specific show.

2. If you choose my time dining also make you specific time reservations early. My time dining is on deck 5 and those with reservations line up on the left side and without on the right side. The right side line is much much longer.

3. On Wednesday night there is a disco show late in the evening on the Promenade deck (deck 5). The best vantage point to view the show is above it on deck six. I say that because we were rudely jostled, pushed, etc. during the show because we were on deck 5 and people kept trying to move and there was More no room to move. I thought several times a scuffle was about to happen and there was no security around.

4. Don't be afraid to select a wifi package. It is much better on the Allure, it works pretty fast, I was surprised.

I commented to a number of people about the quality of the food in the main dining room. I felt it was quite good, and the waiters would go out of their way for you in trying to accommodate a special request..

We also used several of the specialty restaurants on board and enjoyed them also.

This is definitely a cruise where a little planning ahead of time is well worth it and prevents having to stand in long lines. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas 12660

I liked the location because it was convenient to the suite lounge. Very spacious also.

Culinary Tour

(2)

I would NOT do this again. We wanted to learn how to make different kinds of salsa. They put you in tables of eight, much to crowded to work well, to much time spent hyping their own products, facebook page, etc., you had to share ingredients and if someone used to much, there wasn't enough. The group should be much smaller with individual small tables and it would work much better.