Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by sailorman43

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by sailorman43
Vision of the Seas
Vision of the Seas
Member Name: sailorman43
Cruise Date: June 2014
Destination: Bermuda
See More About: Vision of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Vision of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Vision of the Seas Deck Plans
Vision leaves a lot to be desired.

My wife and I have 30 cruises under our belt. This 10 day cruise to Bermuda ranks near the bottom.

There were good things on this cruise but mostly bad.

Embarkation was very smooth and luggage was delivered quite promptly. My wife needs a feather pillow to sleep on. Our room steward was nowhere to be found. We called housekeeping and they delivered another foam pillow, We complained and a feather pillow magically appeared. Our steward never showed up for turn down so we could not ask for ice. Our suitcases, the same ones we have taken on our last 15 cruises, wouldn't fit under the bed and took up half the space in our tiny cabin. The bathrooms were so small that you could not wash your hair in the shower unless you turned the water off. The faucet in the sink provided a little trickle of water and it took forever just to wash your face. Is this another cost cutting scheme?

We have never had so many fights in an attempt to get fed on a cruise ship. We had my time dining. The first night we waited for 15 minutes to be seated. No big deal. The next night we arrived at the dining room at 6:15 and were told there will be no more tables until 8:30. I asked the host whether it was my time dining or your time dining. I was furious to have to wait 2 hours. My wife asked to see the manager. He said I am the host you can deal with me, We insisted upon seeing the manager. It seems that if you're a party of 2 or 4 you automatically get a table for 2 or 4. On other cruise lines,including Royal, the host always asks if you want to share a table. On the Vision that is not done. We finally got the manager and my wife pointed out that there are open seats all over the dining room. Tables for 6 were being uses for parties of 4. The manager brought us over to a table in back of the dining room.

The first sea day we decided to have breakfast in the main dining room. We are not big fans of buffets and the Windjammer is a really bad one. There is very little selection and the odor there is just horrible. We were seated at a table in the diamond section and waited and waited to be served. No one asked us to place orders for coffee or juice, and no pastries were offered. After a while, everyone at the table got up and helped themselves to items from the cold buffet. Finally the waiters came over, when we were mostly done eating, and seemed annoyed at us. I drank my coffee after finishing my meal.

On day 3 we decided to have lunch in the dining room. The doors opened at noon and we were there when they opened the doors. We were seated at a large table with our fellow cruisers. We placed our orders and watched as the table behind us who came in after us were served. After an hour of still no food I went to the supervisor and got a response of " we are very busy". That is not a response to a guest after an hour of waiting for lunch,. We left the dining room and went to the windjammer which had a bad smell of fish.

We were so angry at the dining room staff that we asked for a meeting with the food and beverage manager. It took a day but we met with Mr. Kane who couldn't have been nicer. He listened to us and wrote down the names of the dining room staff we had confronted. He apologized and gave us a complimentary dinner at one of the specialty restaurants. The next morning at breakfast the waiter of the previous lunch came over to us to make sure we were treated well,

The entertainment was really bad. The production shows were awful, The Unexpected Boys were the only show that was really good, The four seasons tribute was one of the best shows on any cruise ship.

What is with a plate spinner and calling that entertainment? That was a real joke.

The cruise critic meeting was delayed by 2 days and then the venue was changed to the Viking lounge which was not big enough to accommodate everyone, There was no room to meet and mingle, I did win one of the raffles so that eased the pain. We met some nice people and played a lot of trivia which we enjoy, As far as the entertainment staff was concerned, Magic Marvin and Casey were really good and nice, The Diamond cocktail hour was great every evening and we enjoyed our lovely server, Melina.

The ship itself looked good and the public lounges were okay. The theatre has been redone and was a good place to watch a show. Too bad the shows were not watchable.. The ports were okay. We had a nice day in Charleston visiting the Boone Hall Plantation. It was 25 years since we were in Bermuda, We went to to the caves for the Saturday, One thing though. Royal tells you that you will be in Bermuda for three days, Really? We dock at 8:00 P.M, have a full day on Saturday and then have to be on board at 2:30 on Sunday, That is a day and a half at best, We have been to Nassau too many times to be impressed, Coco Cay is a lovely island but unfortunately the weather that day was not good,

All in all on scale of 1-10 we would gave this cruise a 4. I will not go on this ship again, I enjoy the mega ships and the next Royal cruise will be on one of them.

Publication Date: 06/27/14
More Vision of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Vision of the Seas review Read the next Vision of the Seas review

More Bermuda Cruise Reviews