Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by sarum273: VERY IMPRESSED

VERY IMPRESSED

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Southampton

Having never travelled on Cunard before I held out great hopes for my annual holiday on board Queen Elizabeth. I was not disappointed, the ship was a delight and the staff were really friendly and nothing was too much trouble. I was particularly surprised by the high standard of the entertainment and the 2 lectures by a former Concorde pilot were fascinating. Amanda Reid and her team are to be congratulated on a job very well done.

The standard of the food was excellent and resulted in a 8 lb weight gain. I would add that the Britannia restaurant is something for the eye to behold and the standard of service by the waiters was good and attentive.

Balcony cabin was lovely and superbly/discretely maintained throughout

My one negative would be the snooty/unjustified attitude of some of the passengers who seemed to treat supper as an opportunity to mark the performance of the waiters. It was really dull to have to hear of any little mistake being amplified and More used to start another story about standards on other Cruise lines Yaaaawnn! I was thoroughly impressed and maintained a positive perspective throughout despite the best efforts of others around me.

I would definately recommend a cruise on Queen Elizabeth and my top tips would be to order wake up coffee/tea the night before as the room service gets overwhelmed first thing and go for 2nd sitting for dinner in order to be able to enjoy Port sailaways. Less

Published 06/27/14

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X