Golden Princess Cruise Review by Edsbow: Golden Cruise

Golden Cruise

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

Let me start with the port of Seattle needs to learn how to do embarktation. This was one of the worst Iv'e ever had. Too many lines to check the same thing. No stevedors to check bags. and every line was very long. Over an hour just for checking in.

Once on ship rooms were ready and we dropped off luggage and went to buffet.

I must say Princess has average buffets nothing special.

The food in the dining room was far better on Carnival cruises. They don't have bar staff in the dining room on this ship and they can't expect a waiter to get a drink right. We waited over 30 minutes to get a drink and when it came wasen't made right.

The ship was nice and clean and the staff were amazing. The activites were fair at best. They use movies to entertain people. Very boring afternoons.

We took several excursions through Princess and they were all great.

My only complaint was we didnt have enough time in Ketchican to shop as the ship is only More there for four hours. We could have spent less time in Skagway.I felt Victoria was also a waisted stop. 7:30pm to 11:30pm

I tried Princess and will go back to Carnival. Less

Read more Golden Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Golden Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Golden Princess C-610

I would recommend a balcony