Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by sjnyc323

Norwegian Getaway
Norwegian Getaway
Member Name: sjnyc323
Cruise Date: June 2014
See More About: Norwegian Getaway Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Dining Not Rated
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment Not Rated
Spa & Fitness 5+
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Ship Facts: Norwegian Getaway Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Getaway Deck Plans
Once Again the Getaway Delivers

Sailing on the Getaway a second time I must say was just as exciting and memorable as the first time. It was awesome being back on board this beautiful vessel with the best team at sea my extended family !!!!

All the crew staff and senior officers on board are very special to me and are definitely extended family. The week was full of fun times and laughs and lots of hugs.

This sailing we were in Haven Spa Suite 14742 which was very nice. Our room steward Madonna was a very sweet young lady and our butler Flor was awesome. We only made it to the spa once as there was just too much things to do on board and not enough time. I have to say seven days is way to short.

With this booking we received the Ultimate Dining Package and Ultimate Drink Package. We had dinner in Le Bistro and La Cucina and Teppanyaki and dinner with officers one night and three nights in the haven restaurant. The haven restaurant was awesome and our favorite waitstaff working there. Suzana the maître d' is a very nice woman and very sweet and works very hard to make sure guests are happy. It was great seeing Estela Bactol working there as well as Michelle and Ester and George. All the waitstaff up in haven were awesome. It was awesome seeing Chef Wayne again. We met him on the Star. It's funny but actually my favorite specialty restaurant is the cheapest of the bunch La Cucina. We like Le Bistro but it doesn't like me hahaha. Nothing some tums couldn't fix.

Even though we seen the shows before in February we went to see Burn The Floor and Legally Blonde again. I knew legally blonde had a new cast and wanted to compare new cast to the past cast. The new lead as Elle was awesome but the guys were not as strong singers as the first cast but it was enjoyable none the less. I am sorry I didn't get to see the Illusionarium show again.

The Grammy experience was awesome as well and our favorite spot the Sugarcane Mojito Bar. Bartender Bong Fernandez is awesome. Our concierge Anoop Bhanu AKA Snoop is awesome. We love him.

All the officers on the ship are amazing and took great care of us ( HD Sean Wurmhoeringer ,assistant HD Errol Nelson, Beverage Manager Jose's Contreras, Assistant Beverage Manager Oneil Pandit, Executive Housekeeper Marites Sonza "Tek" , Food & Bev. director Martin Ivanov and Restaurant Manager Deepak Gonsalves , HD Secretary Aleksandra , Jocel Guzman Guest Service Manager went above and beyond for us and we love them all.)

We didn't visit the ice bar this time around as we were just trying to enjoy as much of the ship as we could.

In St Maarten we decided to just go out by port for a few minutes and just enjoy the ship which was great.

In St Thomas we spent a few hours at the Marriott and came back in plenty of time to not miss the ship although I was joking with HD Sean to hold the ship for me hahaha.

Our day in Nassau turned out to be a total disaster but we came back to ship and had a great time on board with the greatest crew. We especially enjoyed the welcome home in Nassau with crew dancing outside ship.

Cruise Director Joel Sanchez was awesome and I was thrilled to see he was promoted from assistant CD to CD after Sinan's fast exit. Will not go there. It was great to see Assistant CD Steph Toole once again as well.

I really admire all the crew staff and senior officers on board being away from their families and making our vacations so memorable and always with a smile and genuine feeling of pure love for their guests and their jobs.

I always feel at home sailing on NCL and always feel like part of the family.

The crew staff and senior officers have become very special to me and will always have special place in my heart always. I love them all dearly and I am honored and blessed to know them all.

They all touched my life deeply and it is my utmost pleasure knowing them all.

With much love and affection and hugs xoxoxo

Suzie

Publication Date: 06/26/14
Read the Eastern Caribbean ports review by sjnyc323
More Norwegian Getaway Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Norwegian Getaway review Read the next Norwegian Getaway review

More Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews