Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by pravallika: A view from an Indian family

pravallika
Member Since 2014

Family & Children 2.0

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bermuda Cruises

A view from an Indian family

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

NCL is a very modern well design ship with beautiful spaces for relaxation. My family and I are mid 30's with a teen and 3 year old. We sailed from NY to Bermuda on a seven day trip. I chooses a Guarantee Inside cabin which was very European in design. It was very comfortable for 4 people, I was impressed with the style and use of space.

Facts:

Entertainment is great on this ship.

On board activities are perfects for shopping, parties and gambling.

The gym and spa are worth a visit.

Teens will love this ship they have lots of water actives and their own spaces to hang out

Younger kids they don't really entertain them well, I am making a comparison to Disney which I cruised a year ago.

The customer service is VERY BAD, their staff looks over worked and very unhappy. I have cruised several ships before but this is the worst customer service you will get. The only staff that seem to please you are the bars and shopping staff. More We can all assume it's the MONEY factor.

I eat every thing no issues with food after being on several different ships, I was very disappointed in the this ship. The food is bland and boring no culinary skill went into the menu. There is lots of food but because the food is so tasteless you need to try everything to find out nothings taste good. I was very surprised to realized there was not a not a proper Indian meal on this ship. After all NCL is cruising from NY, their food combination when it came to Indian food was so upside down, you had to wonder who though of this, a good example is tamarind rice with dhal this was a main dinner dish. On the other hand if you wanted to sit down and have dinner please keep 2- 3 hrs for this even the service is slow. I will never cruise this ship again, because I take a cruise to enjoy my sit down dinners and a culinary experience, which this ship cannot provide. Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Breakaway Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Breakaway 11681

This room was perfect for a family of 4.