Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Hard Rain: I Expected Better

I Expected Better

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Southampton

This was our first cruise and many of our friends said we'd love it. While we really enjoyed our time off the ship in all the ports, I really expected a better time while at sea traveling between them.

The food in the traditional dining room was just OK (nothing special about the quality or the menu) and the buffet food was much worse. We received three bottles of red wine with sediment in the bottom and nothing was done to make it right.

The entertainment was disappointing and on par with a third rate theme park.

It soon became clearly evident anything extra offered on board was a money grab by Princess. The photographers were especially annoying with their in-your-face approach to taking (and selling) photos. The alcohol was pricey, spa and boutique prices were ridiculous, and we got much better value for our excursions by doing our own booking through private companies.

Another passenger I spoke with suggested Celebrity Cruise Line as a better More option. As of this moment, I will not be cruising with Princess again. Less

Published 06/25/14