“Best First Cruise”

meizee
Member Since 2014
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

As a teenager, I felt there was always something to do. Without the interactive directories by the elevators (and the two large groups I traveled with), I would not have had such an amazing time on my first cruise. When I was not eating dinner with my cousin (delicious food at the Adagio & Park Cafe) or walking around the Pool & Sports Zone with my uncle (he, his son, and his son ziplined), I was attending informational seminars, singing karaoke, making new friends in the Living Room, enjoying the shows & parties, and conversing with people while waiting in line. Additionally, there was this one time I went alone to Adventure Ocean for "family art time" and I made a paper ship. No complaints. Because everyone is in that vacation mood, it is easier to be social on a cruise than in the "real world". The tropical islands were much greener and bluer than any place I've visited in Los Angeles.

Let's talk about the teenage program. I went to the teen meet & greet and within the first 15 minutes, there were already cliques forming. I was lucky that someone opened themselves up and I talked to them until I had to leave, but other than that, there was not much of a warm atmosphere... My advice regarding the meet & greet is look nice; a t-shirt and shorts isn't going to cut it.

Most of the 15-17 events did not happen because no one showed up. The 12-14s had their events (I think), and it was really nice of Fede to offer me access to those events despite the fact I am 16. Unfortunately, I cannot blame Royal Caribbean's program for the lack of teenage participation. They really tried, but it just is not successful when cliques form and do their own thing. It's inevitable.

Luckily for me, I had 28 friends and family, a few friendly teenagers, and numerous adults to socialize with and I had a great time on the ship nonetheless.

I hope Royal Caribbean offers more cruises in California, for I would love to go with my own family to different places on an affordable RCCL ship.

Allure of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

9577
Cabin was a bit small but had enough room for a mother, father, baby, and teenage cousin (that's me!) to wash, sleep, and relax. Most of the time, we were out and about with friends and family. Being alone in the cabin was fine (I just slept whenever I was there anyway).
Published 06/25/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Allure of the Seas Review
Allure of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?