Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by steeragelady

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by steeragelady
Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Member Name: steeragelady
Cruise Date: June 2014
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Transatlantic
See More About: Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Enjoyed my first TA on the QM2

I was surprised to read the negative reviews for the same cruise I was on. No voyage is ever perfect but these folks didn't experience the horrific crossing to Europe on RCl Brilliance that I did in May 2014. In comparison this was a heavenly eight days. The lecturers alone are in a class by themselves. I guess the good part of the awful food on the Brilliance was that my husband and I lost weight so I could enjoy the meals in the MDR on the QM2. I attempted a lunch on occasion at the Kings Court and did find the layout confusing.

My cabin was quiet with a good mattress and lovely linens. Such comfort. What a shock to get shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and a shower cap. The movies were current and constantly changing. The library was beautiful and large. I took a picture of the library on the Brilliance and it was a beat up side board with several very used paperbacks. The pursers desk was effecient. Most of the passengers were pleasant, intelligent and pretty sober. I enjoyed the conversations with other people at open seating for breakfast and lunch who didn't constantly inform me of their Cunard rank. I did the bus transfer for both embarkation and disembarkation which was helpful for my solo ta. A shuttle to the ports with RCl was close to the cost of the bus transfer.

I had done six ta's and a WC on the QE2. She was an old friend but I must say I had a great time on her new sister. Looking forward to more crossings on the QM 2.

Publication Date: 06/25/14