Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Siora7777: Had a great time, would recommend this.

Siora7777
Member Since 2013

Family & Children 2.0

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Had a great time, would recommend this.

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: Bahamas

This was our first cruise. We went with 9 people total from the ages of 74 years old to 10 and we all had a good time. Three different rooms all on the Fjord level (9). Embarking / disembarking was a breeze (we carried our own luggage our and satisfied our bills the day before). It probably took us about 15 minutes to get on/off the ship and we were excited on arrival.

What I loved about this was how welcoming the staff made you feel on arrival. Dancing people welcoming you on the ship. They still do the sail away party! How much fun is that?! When most lines are getting rid of this, Norwegian still does it. It's a great way to get the vacation started.

Our room was ready when we got on board on arrival at 2pm and our luggage showed up a few hours later. Our room #9078 still had the old box TV but the other two rooms 9351 and 9129 had the new flat screens. Our room was always clean and comfortable. I only saw our room attendant once but he did a good job. More

Lunch at the buffet was not so good on that first experience, it was a food frenzy but if you went to the other side to the Garden Café the food was hot and better. The food just got better and better as the days went on (probably because we started figuring out what we liked and disliked). Breakfast was always good and the Crossing Main dining room was 5 star dining and service. We liked it better than The Palace dining room, even though its supposed to be run from the same kitchen.

The service at the Crossing was top notch, portions perfect, never wanted for anything (you can order whatever you want and how much you want) and the bread pudding with vanilla ice cream the best I've ever had.

What I loved most of all about this ship was the crepe station in the morning, the outside dining area. The food was good on this ship, a lot of variety overall. They really have everything you want all the time. From eggs benedict in the morning to a noodle station at night. Everything. I don't know how they do it.

I also loved how during the day they did special things like Mexican bar on the pool deck during the day if you chose to stay on the ship. Some ships shut down during port but not this one. Things we take for granted.

And let's not forget the my time dining is really my time dining. I loved how we could just show up whenever we wanted and have dinner. What a time saver this must be.

The ports were nice. We loved the private island. Beautiful ocean and an all you can eat BBQ, hard to beat. Nassau was fun we did the water park and it was worth it. It rained the day we were on the Grand Bahamas Island and that island was our least favorite although we did try the conch salad there, I guess that's the thing to do. Bought a $5 conch shell souvenir from the guy who made the salad, it's beautiful. The shells are sold all over the island at different prices.

My sister loved the beach at Freeport but really the stores themselves that Port Lucaya are high priced and we felt harassed by the sellers to purchased their identical items (most that stuff looked like they bought it at Walmart).

All and all, we loved the cruise and no one wanted to come back. We ate too much but we had good memories. We are easy to please so we knew we'd have a wonderful time since it was our first experience cruising. Other's who had cruised before didn't like it but really what's not to like?!

Fun short trip, I would do it again. The staff was always friendly and nice and smiley. I don't know what the other people are talking about when they say they aren't. They all were working really hard and doing a good job at it. I didn't ever see anyone standing around. If anything I had to watch my plate so they didn't take it because they are always cleaning up after everyone.

This ship just got out of dry dock so everything looked sparkling and new to us. Carpet was clean, not one complaint or bad experience to write about. Only saw my attendant once but he did a good job. We loved hanging out at the front of the ship on the observation deck to watch the sunset. Nobody was every out there. Peaceful and wonderful.

We did travel with some kids. For teens there are some groups but for ages 12 and under not really a whole lot to do. They still had fun but they were bored at times.

Good memories and pictures. We all still talk about this wonderful trip we took. I don't think any of us will ever forget it. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky 9078

Nice, quiet area, big balcony. TV was not flat screen. Room was in good condition and in a great location convenient to everything. Good views at night.