Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by OhioTealady: Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean

OhioTealady
0 Post

Family & Children 4.0
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: February 2007

We were on the Liberty 2/11 to 2/17 for a 6 night Western cruise. Our family is myself, DH (54) and DD (13). We arrived on a Friday evening and spent two nights at the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood, FL. What a beautiful resort, - especially the two level pool area.

Embarkation was very smooth. Avis drove us when we dropped off our car - this was very convenient. We arrived at 11:10. Line started moving soon after. We were right behind the VIP's, and would have been on the ship by 11:45, but the computers went down. We were on board and having lunch by 12:15. Very easy process.

The Liberty is beautiful ship, with a real Tuscan feel in the color scheme of the public areas. People have noted that it was difficult to get from forward to aft. Deck 5 will accomplish this. We had a balcony cabin. The cabin was laid out well. The balcony was larger than I expected. Cabin steward - Sue - was excellent. Room service also. We enjoyed the movies on the big screen in the More evening. Spent a lot of time in the deck chairs. We played bingo, went to the deck party, saw shows and participated in some games.

Service was excellent at all times. Staff friendly and ready to please. Not a single negative experience.

We booked one excursion with Carnival. At the Cayman Is., we took a semi-sub the Seaworld Explorer. A nice tour. Glad we did it. Probably not a second time. This could easily be arranged onshore by yourself.

Dining room staff was very good. My only negative was the lack of quality, variety, and creativity of the menu. It was difficult to find an entree some nights. I would rate the dining room menu at B-. We did not go to Harry's. Buffet was standard fare. There was variety, and I tried many different items. I had a really good hamburger one day.

My daughter did not participate much in the children's club. There were not that many children on board. She did take a dance lesson and really enjoyed this.

Singers and dancers were excellent. We saw all the musical shows. Saw two comedians - very funny and appropriate. There were Christian music performers on board as part of a private function- our tablemate enjoyed.

We did not get off ship in the Bahamas. In Grand Cayman, we took the semi-sub excursion and went to Sea Grape beach. Enjoyed the beach and layed in the soft sand. It was not crowded that day. Went to the Cat's Meow in Costa Maya. This was are favorite day. Great beach, good food and service and a taste of the real Mexico.

Disembarkation was fine. We were off the ship by 9:15 and to the airport by 10:00. The airport was a zoo!!! If you can stay an extra night or fly out in the evening, I would advise it.

An unexpected delight was our tablemates, which consisted of a family with a son the age of our daughter, the son's friend and their adult niece. We developed a wonderful friendship during this cruise and spent many activities together. What an unexpected bonus on a cruise. We're hoping to meet again this summer.

Overall, great cruise. My highlights were tea time with classical music, a spa treatment, the musical shows and Costa Maya. You can not go wrong with Liberty. She is beautiful and the staff is fantastic. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>