Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by TriumphTim

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by TriumphTim
Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Member Name: TriumphTim
Cruise Date: June 2014
Embarkation: New York (Brooklyn, Red Hook)
Destination: Transatlantic
See More About: Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Beautiful crossing East on the QMII

I sailed the Queen Mary II on a Trans-Atlantic East crossing from Brooklyn, NY to Southampton, UK. This is the first time in 8 cruises on various lines, that I chose an inside cabin. The cabin was very nice with two twin beds pushed together to make a king bed. The bathroom was great and everything worked as expected. My cabin person did a fantastic job and a real joy to get to know. I have a forty foot Monaco Motorcoach and the bedroom and bathroom in my stateroom was about the same size as my Motorcoach so very nice for two people especially since I am 6'4".

The dinner was splendid in the Britannia Restaurant as was all the food on the 7th deck buffet. The entertainment was superb with some headliners that I would expect to see in Las Vegas. In fact I'd say the entertainment was the best of any ship I have been on except perhaps the Regent Seven Seas cruise I took from Auckland, NZ to San Francisco, CA. I didn't use the inside pool but the two outside pools on decks 8 and 6 were perfect and the one on 8 had two hot tubs and showers in addition to the pool. The gym was very nice with a balanced beam scales which is bolted to the floor; therefore, fairly accurate. My wife had her hair cut and colored by a lady from the Canyon Spa and she did a marvelous job and the price was only about 50 percent higher than in Oregon which I feel is quite reasonable given you're out in the middle of the Atlantic.

The weather was swimming weather only 2 days of the 7 so I'd bring a book or enjoy lots of walking and stair climbing. If those two activities don't make you smile then there are more activities onboard than any ship I've ever been on. Of course there is the traditional Bingo and trivia and World Cup Soccer watching but there was also the Planetarium, movies with a presentation by the Directors and Actors that happened to be on board, book readings and signing, Shakespeare, dance lessons, and on and on and on. Clearly the classiest most professional cruise I've been on except for possibly Regent Seven Seas. All I can do is give it 5 stars for a perfect embarkation experience right on through the entire cruise. Thanks to all the Cunard staff! I highly recommend this royal experience!

Publication Date: 06/24/14