Golden Princess Cruise Review by lgmiller101

Member Name: lgmiller101
Cruise Date: April 2014
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: South Pacific
See More About: Golden Princess Cruise Reviews | South Pacific Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Entertainment 5+

Dream cruise

I mostly travel solo and as a gift for retiring, I gave myself this cruise.

The embarktation was delayed due to some customs issue and the ship was late entering port. It took nearly 2 1/2 hours to finally get to my cabin. Nearly all of the passangers in line took the delay in stride, but when a woman and her husband tried to cut into the line when we were finally nearing the check in, fellow passangers let them know how they felt and the couple moved to the back of the line.

We did not leave port until sometime after 6PM. The the fun began.

There were plenty of sea days on this cruise which I found to be relaxing. You can hang out at one of the pools. see a movie, join in on some craft classes, play bingo or take dance lessons, just to name a few. The is always something to do, or you can just hang out and do nothing.

I choose anytime dinning so I can meet other people from different walks of like. However, I did not like the fact you can make reservations for anytime dinning. The Crown Grill was great and a change of pace from the buffet or the anytime dinning.

The Lotus Spa was great, very relaxing.

I always enjoy Hawaii no matter how often I go. As a solo traveler, I tend to feel safer booking my excursions through the cruise line. Although I sometimes think they are a bit pricey, I enjoy everyone of them.

The Samoa Island were beautiful. In Apia, I went swiming at one of the beaches and the water was so clear. The islanders were friendly and willing to talk to you about the history of Samoa.

Tahaiti was great but Moorea was by far my favorite island. I have no words for the beauty of that island. Bora Bora was a paradise for snorkaling. The different types of fish you can see was just amasing.

The staff on the ship were great and work very hard. They never seem to have a bad day and for them it was about the customer. However, I can not say the same for some of the passangers on the ship who yelled at the staff at the internet cafe as if it was there fault the internet was slow. Hello, we are on vacation, the internet is there if needed to check on family and friends. When you have a bunch of passangers trying to access a slow internet, it just makes it slower. Just a few years ago you were not able to do this. What did you do then?

Most of the passangers on the ship were friendly and just great to talk to. This was the fisrt time as a solo traveler I did not feel like I was a bit of an oddball for being on my own.

I would most diffently go on this cruise again. And to all of the passagners that I met during the curise. Thank you. You folks made the trip more fun.

Publication Date: 06/24/14