American Star Cruise Review by barbthom2

Cruise Date: June 2014
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: U.S.A.
Cabin Number: 213 -
See More About: American Star Cruise Reviews | U.S.A. Cruise Reviews | American Cruise Lines Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: American Star Review (by Cruise Critic!) | American Star Deck Plans
Covering the Chesapeake Bay

With beautiful weather we left Baltimore's Inner Harbor and sailed down the Bay under two bridges the second being the double spans of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. The ship had only 54 passengers so over the cruise we met many of them. They were a very nice group of people. We had one teenager on board and she enjoyed all the history that was presented at lectures in the lounge.

The meals were relatively good. However the chef was never able to get either sorbet or frozen yogurt which I would have appreciated since I am allergic to milk and sherbet and ice cream are no no's. He told me when he ordered sorbet he got sherbet instead. In past cruises a crew hand picked one or the other at a local store when we were docked.

We picked a handicap cabin. At my age the shower with several grab bars is great. Also wasn't sure if I would have my rollator with me and there is space in the cabin for this. The balcony was large enough for us to sit and watch the shore line go by.

The only adverse thing that occurred on the cruise was news that your sister cruise line Pearl Seas was not going to have the same amenities as the American Cruise Line; i e credit for cruise and complimentary shore excursions. The hotel manager talked with my niece (Judy Wiggin,, she travels with me) but he left a lot to be desired. Perhaps he was new and did not know procedures relative to cancellations etc. Maybe in time he will improve but on other ships hotel managers were much more competent as well as personable.

The cruise itself was a delight - this was my third on the Bay..

Publication Date: 06/24/14