“Never going on Splendor again”
Cruise review of Carnival Splendor

shart3414 Carnival Splendor 3 Never going on Splendor again
shart3414
Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I went on the Carnival Splendor on June 9th-June17th, with my husband and my stepson. We decided to go on this ship for a graduation present for my stepson plus a little R&R for me and my husband. Let me start by saying we choice this cruise because of the convenience of getting to NYC with no flights since we live close by. I did not have a problem with the embarkation, we got there by 2pm and within 20 minutes we were on the ship, no problem there.. The problem started because on the first night and the last night, the toilet overflowed, I know what are the chances and they gave us a couple of dirty dishes and my husband found hair in his food. It was not my husbands, he is bald...LOL!!! Since this is an old ship, this ship needs to be retired or refurbished because I guess I am used to the newer ships but they only had 3 restaurants, I guess I am used to a little variety. We also received a glass with a bug in it. I know this could have been a fluke but this ship put a bad taste in my mouth to say the least.

They had a noodle bar which I enjoyed but I could not believe the line, it took me about 30 minutes just to get my food but when I received it, it was spot on, very tasty.

The entertainment was ok, I really enjoyed the comedians at Punchline (Tom Foss and Ronnie Bullard, they were hilarious..

The ports.. I really enjoyed Puerto Rico and St. Thomas. I was a little disappointed in Turks and Caicos, I wanted to stay longer and see more of the island but I still enjoyed the beach. I guess I will have to go back on my own time but still a beautiful island from what I saw.. You stay from 1-7pm.

My stepson met alot of other kids (he is 18) on the cruise and really had a great time and my husband had a few complaints but over we all enjoyed the cruise just not the ship, it definitely needs to repair work. On the flip side they compensated us by giving us $100 off our bill. It helped out a little, I guess. The disembarkation went pretty smooth.

Saying all of that, I will stick with the NEWER boats, staying away from this ship.

Carnival Splendor Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

8201
We had a very nice Balcony, but the toilets overflowed 2x.

Published 06/23/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Splendor Review
Carnival Splendor Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?