Golden Princess Cruise Review by springtx249: Better than expected

Better than expected

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

We had a great trip on the Golden Princess. Had great weather and was overall pleased with the food and service.

Many meals in the main dining room were excellent. Towards the end of the trip the food became mediocre. I thought the ship was in excellent shape considering it's age. I believe it was refurbished early this year.

We really enjoyed our excursions. In Juneau, we took the bike & brew. We did the 3.5 hour train ride in Skagway and toured Buchart Gardens in Victoria. Even with the short stay in Victoria, we had ample time to see the gardens. The only down side was the darkness that set in and weren't able to take pictures then. In Ketchikan, we simply walked the town. It's a lovely town to explore.

Would definitely recommend this cruise and want to visit Alaska again. I would probably opt to fly their and rent an RV. Would like to spend more time in several towns. Less

Read more Golden Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Golden Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Golden Princess E401

Our cabin was fine. It seemed larger than many rooms on our past cruise vacations. I do feel we were mislead a bit by Princess on our view. Even though we booked an obstructed view, on the deck plan it doesn't show anything obstructing our view. Princess also told me we would have a clear view of the water if looking out from our window at a distance. I joked that we had a drilling rig outside of our room. We did, however, get a view of the water. My husband sat many hours looking out at that view. We also spotted a whale tale outside of our room.