Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by anzore: Best Cruise Ever

Best Cruise Ever

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

We sailed on the Jewel of the Seas on 6/7/2014. We arrived at the port at 1PM and were in our cabin by 130pm.. We had an AFT cabin. It was ready and away we went. We had My Time Dining and the staff there was excellent. We had no problem changing our reservation times if needed. Our waiters were extremely attentive and personable. Our cabin steward, we saw him at least 5 times a day, always with a hello or how was your trip on the island. Very pleasant man. We had the Replenish Package and never had a problem at any bar or service area.We also had the unlimited photo package and got to know the photographers. We had a great time with them. Only had one busy day in the windjammer. The food seemed to be very good in both the windjammer and mdr. had a different theme every night and day in both restaurants plus the standards..All in all, at the end of the trip, my wife and I did not want to get off the ship.

The ship itself, was immaculate. I walked all over this ship and did More not see anything dirty or unkempt. Employees were constantly cleaning hand rails and really pushed cleaning of your hands all over the ship. Our room at a flat screen tv, well if 21 inch tv, is watchable, was ok.

This ship was sold out and yet very rarely was there a crowd. Had no problem with seating at any show or getting a drink. Just a great trip. We had an aft cabin which was great. So quiet with no foot traffic. yes its a small walk, a total of 90 seconds from the Centrum stairs to my front door...

Disembarkation was a breeze. We were assigned to the Tides dining room. We were about to enter, and an employee told us we could get off the ship now, 45 minutes before our assigned time. We went to get our luggage and hired a porter. He took us to a separate line and was through customs in less than two minutes. From the time we saw the employee, to walking down to customs, to the curb..total time ten minutes. It was worth tipping the porter Less

Read more Jewel of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Jewel of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Jewel of the Seas 8172

i am a firm believe in the AFT cabin after this cruise. Extremely quiet due to only six cabins and no elevators near by. Yes there is a small walk from the elevator to the cabin, 90 seconds .. How do i know, I timed it..The extra sized room and bigger balcony was great. Yes you could feel a minor vibration from the ship while docking, minimal at best..it just made me sleep a little more. I would highly recommend an AFT..Plus you get a great view while sailing out of port.