“Celebrity Constellation June 2 Scandinavia and Russia ”
Cruise review of Celebrity Constellation

Shoestringtraveler Celebrity Constellation 4 Celebrity Constellation June 2 Scandinavia and Russia
Shoestringtraveler
Member Since 2014
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Just back from the June 2 Scandinavia and Russia cruise aboard the Celebrity Constellation. This was our third cruise with Celebrity; first time on the Constellation.

The ports of call (Amsterdam, Berlin, Tallinn, St, Petersburg, Helsinki, Stockholm, and Copenhagen) were well picked and extremely interesting. There were no sea days between Tallinm and Stockholm so after 5 straight days of sightseeing we were tired and grateful for the day off before we hit Copenhagen.

Our stateroom (7160) was very quiet and comfortable and everything worked! I would stay in this room on another cruise. Only thing I did not like is that the curtains did not keep the light out and with the sun setting at 11PM and rising at 3AM in the baltic, it was heard to sleep. I;d like to see room darkening curtains, or at least provide eye shades.

The food was good, not fabulous, but we were quite satisfied with it. The main dining room had items which were available every day as well as "meals du jour". So I could always get a steak or a nice salad if nothing hit my fancy for the day. We used "Select dining" where you can come anytime. Only thing I did not like about that if that if you said you were willing to share a table with others (which we always did), they would seat you and then wait until the entire table was full before they served you. One night we waited for 30 minutes before I finally said something. They served us immediately. I did not try the specialty restaurants on this trip although I heard good reviews from other about the Tuscan grill.

Entertainment in the theater was very good with a variety of genres; we enjoyed every night. The entertainment in the lounges was "ok" although there was a string trio that was terrific,

Activities on the ship were lackluster, There were a few pearls but, for the most part, you didnt have a lot of choice except to drink or gamble - go figure! This is an area that could use improvement. There just wasn't an atmosphere of "excitement" on the ship.

Staff were very courteous and helpful. My cabin steward made sure I had fruit and ice every day (an extra couple of bucks at the beginning of the cruise always helps. Captain Tassos was a riot and deserves a comedy act of his own. Very funny and very professional.

We took shore excursions from the ship in Helsinki and used SPB Tours for Berlin and St Petersburg. Berlin is a long 2 1/2 hr ride from the ship but,since we didnt plan to return to Berlin, we thought it was worth the trip.

Overall, a wonderful experience. Thinking about a river cruise in Europe as our next cruise.

Celebrity Constellation Cruises to the Baltic Sea
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

7160
Our stateroom (7160) was very quiet and comfortable and everything worked! I would stay in this room on another cruise. Only thing I did not like is that the curtains were thin enough that the sunlight came right through them and with the sun setting at 11PM and rising at 3AM in the baltic, it was heard to sleep. I;d like to see room darkening curtains, or at least provide eye shades.
Published 06/23/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Constellation Review
Celebrity Constellation Cruises to the Baltic Sea
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?