Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by B717200AGENT: Transtlantic on THE NORWEGIAN EPIC was indeed EPIC!

B717200AGENT
Member Since 2011
1 Post

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Transatlantic Cruises

Transtlantic on THE NORWEGIAN EPIC was indeed EPIC!

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Transatlantic

This was my 6th NCL cruise, (2 on the Sun, 1 each on the Dawn, Pearl and Sky) but my first crossing ( by sea) and I totally enjoyed it! I did the repositioning from Miami to Barcelona. Because I had so enjoyed some of the specialty restaurants on previous NCL cruises I decided to buy the Dining package and I was not disappointed. I ate at every specialty restaurant and they were all wonderful.....my favorite being Cagney's. The Steaks and Service were just fabulous!!!!! I ate there four times LOL and tried a different steak each time. (Filet Mignon, Strip, Ribeye and then the bone-in Ribeye) and each and every one of the streaks was mouth watering good and tender. But THEY ALL were good from the French to the Chinese to the Japanese.......ALL GOOD. Not to take anything away from the MDR's which were great for lunch (and I am sure dinner as well) but NCL's specialty restaurants are worth every penny in my opinion!

Well as many seasoned cruisers here know The Epic's design is More somehwhat unusual as it is a curvey design, BUT it was great for me as a SOLO traveller. Since we had so many sea days, I upgraded from the Studio Cabin as one of my favorite things to do on a cruise is order room service coffee(and sometimes breakfast) and take it out on the balcony. Speaking of the balcony, although my cabin was smaller than some of the other NCL ships I have been on, the balcony was nice, comfortable and spacious.

There being so many sea days I got to really enjoy and explore the ship and it was all great. Some of my favorite places were H2O, The Epic Casino, Bliss Lounge and my nice large balcony on Deck 9 (forward). :)

Overall again, great ship, great staff, great food, great cruise! And yes I would do it again, although I would (as I live in the USA) do it in reverse due to multiple time changes. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic 9072

Well as many seasoned cruisers here know The Epic's design is somehwhat unusual as it is a curvey design, BUT it was great for me as a SOLO traveller. Since we had so many sea days, I upgraded from the Studio Cabin as one of my favorite things to do on a cruise is order room service coffee(and sometimes breakfast) and take it out on the balcony. Speaking of the balcony, although my cabin was smaller than some of the other NCL ships I have been on, the balcony was nice, comfortable and spacious.

Cable Car

HEAVENLY!!!!!!!

Eirra Do Serrado

Simply heavenly in every respect. Some of the views were simply spectacular!!!!!!! AMAZING!