Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by B717200AGENT

Norwegian Epic
Member Name: B717200AGENT
Cruise Date: April 2014
Destination: Transatlantic
See More About: Norwegian Epic Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Transtlantic on THE NORWEGIAN EPIC was indeed EPIC!

This was my 6th NCL cruise, (2 on the Sun, 1 each on the Dawn, Pearl and Sky) but my first crossing ( by sea) and I totally enjoyed it! I did the repositioning from Miami to Barcelona. Because I had so enjoyed some of the specialty restaurants on previous NCL cruises I decided to buy the Dining package and I was not disappointed. I ate at every specialty restaurant and they were all wonderful.....my favorite being Cagney's. The Steaks and Service were just fabulous!!!!! I ate there four times LOL and tried a different steak each time. (Filet Mignon, Strip, Ribeye and then the bone-in Ribeye) and each and every one of the streaks was mouth watering good and tender. But THEY ALL were good from the French to the Chinese to the Japanese.......ALL GOOD. Not to take anything away from the MDR's which were great for lunch (and I am sure dinner as well) but NCL's specialty restaurants are worth every penny in my opinion!

Well as many seasoned cruisers here know The Epic's design is somehwhat unusual as it is a curvey design, BUT it was great for me as a SOLO traveller. Since we had so many sea days, I upgraded from the Studio Cabin as one of my favorite things to do on a cruise is order room service coffee(and sometimes breakfast) and take it out on the balcony. Speaking of the balcony, although my cabin was smaller than some of the other NCL ships I have been on, the balcony was nice, comfortable and spacious.

There being so many sea days I got to really enjoy and explore the ship and it was all great. Some of my favorite places were H2O, The Epic Casino, Bliss Lounge and my nice large balcony on Deck 9 (forward). :)

Overall again, great ship, great staff, great food, great cruise! And yes I would do it again, although I would (as I live in the USA) do it in reverse due to multiple time changes.

Publication Date: 06/23/14