Ruby Princess Cruise Review by chirogirl

Cruise Date: June 2014
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: British Isles & Western Europe
Cabin Number: E109
See More About: Ruby Princess Cruise Reviews | British Isles & Western Europe Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Dining Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated
        7-9 5.0
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Ship Facts: Ruby Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ruby Princess Deck Plans
The beautiful Ruby Princess...

My husband, 8 year old son and I just returned from this cruise. We loved the ship as it is similar to the Star Princess. This is a large ship. Our cabin was in the front and the hallway was so long that I couldn't see the other end. We found this to be both a good thing and also a not so good thing. We loved the food on the ship. From the International Cafe to the Monticello Dining Room to the buffet, we found the food very good. Our son really enjoyed the kids club. There were only 26 kids in his age group so it was not crowded and made several friends. The ladies were all very sweet and I felt totally comfortable leaving him there for a few hours. The ship has two main pools that are open to the elements. They were heated and several people enjoyed them. We had decent weather. Rainy to sunny and an average temperature of 60 degrees. We were excited about the itinerary and had only book a few excursions as they were extraordinarily expensive. So, that left us to either explore on our own or stay in the port city. This ship does not dock in each big city so you have to find your own way or Princess will sometimes provide a shuttle for a large fee. Just get your details down first. If money isn't an option and you don't get motion sickness, take the coach tours. The two we took were very good and our guides were excellent. The internet is EXTREMELY slow and while I was glad to still be able to run my business and check emails, it would sometimes take me ten minutes to log in. The staff was amazing. All friendly and caring. The ship had 50 different nationalities on it but over half were American. While that was nice, I really enjoyed the British passengers. The ship is very clean and has sanitizers everywhere but there was definitely illness amongst the passengers. We really enjoyed the shows, comedian and magician. I would definitely sail on the Ruby again but not with this itinerary.

Publication Date: 06/22/14
More Ruby Princess Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Ruby Princess review Read the next Ruby Princess review

More British Isles & Western Europe Reviews
Celtic Lands Cruise
Lots of improvement required -...
Never P and O again