Norwegian Star Cruise Review by annietownsend: Life changing cruise on the Star!

annietownsend
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Norwegian Star Western Caribbean Cruises

Life changing cruise on the Star!

Sail Date: April 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans

This review is a little late but as I was planning my next cruise and reading all of the amazing reviews, I realized I never provided one from our Caribbean cruise in April of 2013. My sister and I wanted to go on a cruise for a "girls trip." We were a little apprehensive about a cruise as our only experience before hadn't been so good for either one of us. After reading the reviews, we decided to give NCL a try. We stayed in the family suite 12016 (we also had another friend join us) and it was perfect! The room had the most amazing floor to ceiling windows that made the room feel even bigger. We could not believe how big it was and there was plenty of storage for all 3 of our suitcases and clothes (half of which we never wore of course!). Note to self, pack lighter on this next trip! The bed was incredibly comfortable and the bathroom huge! We loved the latte machine in the room and indulged at least 2-3 times per day, all included in the price of the room of course! Bagus, our More butler from Bali was amazing. My sister and I happened to grow up in Indonesia as expats and it was so fun speaking the language with him. He was truly the highlight of our trip..gracious, kind, attentive and so accommodating. Anything we wanted, it was an automatic yes! He was sure to keep our mini bar stocked with milk for our lattes. I highly recommend Le Bistro. The escargot and creme brulee are to die for....my mouth is watering just thinking about it! We loved the perks of being able to eat at Cagneys for breakfast and lunch although many times we found ourselves at the buffet for breakfast, just because it was so convenient. The crew really made this trip special. Our room steward gave us recommendations for massages on the beach in Costa Maya for 20 bucks. We had such an amazing time and felt so spoiled that I couldn't wait to go back! We put a deposit down for another cruise and this time I get to go with my husband. We are headed for the Panama Canal in October 2014. 14 nights of pure bliss and we booked the exact same suite! Can't say enough about NCL and the freestyle cruising. Love the flexibility of eating when we want and now that my husband will be with me next time, having a romantic dinner for two. After we left the ship I realized that I forgot my tablet on board. I received an email from Bagus who made sure it got to headquarters and they shipped it to me right away. Fantastic customer service!! Less

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Star Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Star 12016

Fabulous suite! Highly recommended!! Floor to ceiling windows across the length of the suite gives a very open and airy feeling. Tons of storage space. The bathroom was huge and had a full size tub and a separate shower that can easily fit two at the same time. Loved it so much, we booked it for our next cruise.

Most amazing experience snorkeling with the sharks and the sting rays. The water was beautiful and the tour operators made us feel safe and comfortable. Great experience and highly recommend it. It was the highlight of our trip.

We took a little taxi to the main beach area. It was about 5 bucks and a quick 5 minute ride. Our room steward has recommended a place to get a massage for $20 per hour. We were able to use the beach, lawn chairs and lunch as well, all for the cost of purchasing lunch. Super reasonable and probably the best massage I have ever had. I think the place was called Lobster something...they had bright red shirts on and the only ones on the beach sidewalk that had that color.

Loved spending a few days here getting ready for our cruise. Mr. B's Bistro is a definite must and walking in the French Quarter is incredibly entertaining! The people are warm and friendly.

Beach Day

(1)

We weren't impressed with this excursion at all. We felt like cattle being ushered to the beach. There was always someone trying to sell you something and it became exhausting saying no. I would not do this again, at any port but then again, I don't like a lot of crowds. If you are okay with a ton of people all in one place, then you might be okay.