Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by pinksugar: On the Breeze....was a Great Cruise!

pinksugar
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Southern Caribbean Cruises

On the Breeze....was a Great Cruise!

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean

My husband and I just got off the Breeze. Honestly I have to say it was Great and Awesome! First off went only booked this cruise because we had won a free cabin on this ship and all we had to pay was the taxes and of course the gratuity for the both of us. But I also bought the Insurance so for the whole cruise we only paid like $480. So this was a deal we couldn't pass up! We left out on Saturday, June 7th and returned on Sunday, June 15th. We ported out of Miami. We normally bring our kids but we left them at home with grandma and went alone. We live about 11 hours away from Miami and decided to just drive the whole way. It was a nice drive to the location, traveling alone without kids. Oh yeah, by the way....this trip was also a surprise trip for my husband because we went during his Birthday! Which was June 13th. We parked at this place I wanted to give a try called, Premier Cruise Parking. I emailed Chris at the reservation department and he gave us a great rate of only $8 per More day. His email is: premiercruisepark@bellsouth.net (if anyone interested) because Honestly I have to say it was the Best place we've EVER parked!! It was a covered decking and it was securied by someone at all times. It was like a 8 deck parking deck type, which you have to go up and up and around and around to get up to, lol. Their address is: 1415 NE 2nd Ave, Miami, FL. I would have to highly recommend parking here! We were picked up at our vehicle by their van and they loaded our luggage into their van with No Wait! Took us straight to the port!! Very smooth and easy! And I have to say, we felt that our car would be safe there! This will be the only place I use from now on when we go on cruises out of Miami. :)

When we got to the port everything went smooth and fine. It was around 12:30pm. I dont think we waited no longer than 3 minutes any of the lines. Probably waited the longest when it came to the picture line, the pictures they take of you before you get on the ship. When we got on the ship we went straight to our room, which was room #6377 (Interior Room) but not a normal interior room, it was bigger in the center of the ship on deck 6. We didn't have rooms across from us, which was nice, there wasn't hardly any traffic on our hall. Our room was nice! This was the first time we've had an interior room, only because it was a free cabin room. But honestly I loved the interior room! I think we might stick when them, only because of the pure darkness at nights and then it really makes you appreciate the ship more because you dont wanna stay in your room as much. I had the room decorated with Birthday Surprise stuff from Carnival when we entered the room!! My husband was So Surprised!! Thanks Carnival with the help on that!! We set sail late at like 5:30pm because at 4pm they were still loading people. Which was fine with us. The ship itself is Very Pretty! We had a great time on this ship! Only bad thing I'd have to say was that our toilet in our room hardly would ever flush. The servers were Great, Top Notch, as normal. Supper ever night was Great!! We didn't miss one night! That's our favorite part...the supper at nights in the dining room! We were sit with an amazing couple! Carnival did good about sitting us with them! Luis and Corena we will Never for you guys!! :)

We visited Grand Turk. Amazing Beach Place!! We walked down the beach to this little place called, Jack's Shack and hung for the day there on the beach. We got some drinks there. At La Romana, Dominican Republic, we did a carnival cruise line tour here, Off Road Buggy Tour which was Very, Very FUN!! The land here isn't pretty at all. It was sad to see how they live here! Children here were begging us for money, so sad! But still a fun day! At Curaco, we just did our own thing. We walked around and found the swinging back and forth bridge. This country is Very Pretty! We found the best place to get nachos!! Near the port area, called, The Sopranos! We were here til 10pm so we hung out by the bar outside of the ship til time for supper. At Aruba, we did an ATV Tour with a company called, Kini Kini. They picked us up inside the building right when you get off of ship. They took us in an a/c van to the location. It was the Best Trip EVER!! This was the Best way to explore the island! There was only 6 ATV's in our tour, which made it even better! Our Guide was GREAT! He took us to a lot of different places, we even got to drive the ATV's on the road!! Thought that was cool! We went to the natural pool, a 1700 old cathlic chapel, and the gold mining ruins. The drive to get to them all was Amazing on our ATV!! Very Bumpy and Very Steep at times but was so worth it! I'd do the same tour in a heart beat!! The waves were really high this day we visited so we couldn't swim but that was fine the waves were like 10 feet high and made some beautiful pictures!! The waves were crashing into the rocks which was awesome! The water was Very Aqua colored!! Was the Prettiest water color we'd Ever seen!!

We had 3 days at sea on our trip. It was nice to have those! We hung out by the water park area on those days! We did the slides over and over! Very fun and Very fast!! We did the rope course once, it was fun but only for once for me because I had to hold on so tight it hurt my hands. But was fun to do once!! We went to the Serenity Deck at nights and hung out. That was nice alone time! We loved the Piano Bar!! We went here almost every night before supper. He was funny to listen to!! We went to the Punchliner by George Lopez 3 different times. Each one was a different person. They actually were Very Funny! Nasty...yes, but was funny as heck! Loved that! The entertainment was not top notch at all, to us it sucked! We went to the Brits show we got up and walked out! The Latin Nights Show was okay, we watched it all. Dancing was good, but the singers weren't all that good. One night they had a Thriller Dance Class, I did that! It was Very Fun!! My husband did the Basketball Tournments they had. The 1st Tournment they had his team won, and got metals! The other 2 his team didn't win but was still fun, he said. One day they had a 50% off Fragrance Sale, I went to this, it was crazy, with people everywhere! I just went crazy with them, and got myself 2 bottles of great scents for cheap!! We got a lot of stuff from the shops on the ship. We loved the Cherry on Top Store they had! We got us snacks for our room. We loved Guys Burger Joint, I think we ate here everyday! I don't think they had a very good selections of different foods for our tastes on this ship. We ate at the Blue Iguana Cantina once. It was okay, nothing to brang about. We are not Sushi people, so we didnt eat here at all. But when it was open it was always packed with people. The Casnio was nice on this ship, we dont gamble but we hung out at the bar area some. I have to say that we thought the Pizza on this ship, wasn't good at all. We ate it once, and that was it! It was too thin and just didn't have a good taste. The ice cream machines were open 24 hours which was nice because I know we had more than 2 a day! Lol. The DJ on our ship was Great! He kept good beats going for us at all times. We did line dances and more almost every day by the pool area. There was different movies playing by the pool on the big screen every night!! That was nice!! We took advantage of this, watched good movies on it. Up to date movies!! They also had movies playing in our room which was nice at nights when we laid down. Each night we slept great! No complaints with that. We had Beautiful weather the whole trip!! I think 2 nights the wind blew really bad which caused the ship to rock back and forth. It didn't bother us at all. We actually liked it. Rocked us to sleep, lol. They also had a place called, The Thriller Theatre which was 3D Movies (short movies) with effects and movements like crazy. We did this once. It was really cool and fun though. We hung out a lot at the Red Frog Pub. It was a really laid back place. We enjoyed getting drinks here!!

The Carnival Breeze was an Awesome Ship to be on! And I think we would for sure consider going on the Breeze again! Next time with our kids. When we arrived back to Miami, everything went very smooth. We were off the ship at around 10am, got our luggage with no problems, and was through customs in no time. We went outside the port and waited in the area for Premier Cruise Parking to pick us up. We didn't wait but like 10 minutes and we saw 1 of their vans. They pulled over and we went to it and they checked us off their list and loaded our luggage up and took us back to our vehicle. When we arrived to our vehicle it was just the same as we had left it, Clean and Spotless because we had parked it in the under cover parking deck. The driver of our van took us straight to our vehicle and unloaded our luggage for us. We will for sure be only using this parking company from now on!! This trip was for sure a Great Trip! We are cruise lovers and can't wait for another cruise...soon!! :) I would suggest the Carnival Breeze it was an amazing ship!! Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 6377

We stayed in cabin room #6377, which was an interior room on the middle of ship on level 6. This was not your regular small interior room. We did not have rooms across from us. We had more room than a regular interior room. The hallway to get to our room was very nice because it was never crowded. Only a few rooms were on our hallway. The room itself was Great! This was our 1st interior room, and we loved it! We loved the darkness at night and it made us appreciate it the ship more, because we didn't wanna stay in the room. The bed was comfy and we both slept great every night. We loved that there was movies playing every night, we took advantage of that! The bathroom was your normal sized bathroom. The only 1 problem we did have was our toilet wouldn't hardly flush we'd have to keep on pushing the button over and over. We had 4 drawers and a lot of storage space in our room. Way more than 2 people would need, but it was nice to have it. We had a safe, which we used to put our personal items in we wanted locked up. Our room was really nice!! I would suggest this room, it was peaceful and quite every night!!

ATV Rental

Was the Best Excursion ever!! We booked before we left with company called, Kini Kini. Awesome ATV Tour!! Picked us up at soon as off the ship took us to location where to start the tour. Only like 6 ATV's in our tour which made it great! Not Crowded! We rode doubled on 1 ATV, my husband drove and I took pictures. We got to ride these ATV's on the road! That was cool. Then we visited 3 places. 1st stop was the Catholic Chapel which our guide told us all about it's history. Then we went to the Gold Mining Ruins. He explained the history of it to us also. Very cool place. The waves were so huge here and were hitting the rocks making for great pictures!! There were stones places everywhere where people had made their own rock formation. We made us one, even though we were alone we included our children in our formation. Then off to the Natural Pool. This place was GREAT! The ride to get here was amazing!! If your scared of heights I do Not suggest going here! It's high up. Then once there gotta walk down to the natural pool area. The waves were like 10 feet high so we were not able to get into the water, which was fine because with the waves crashing into the rocks we got some incrediable pictures!! The water was very clear aqua colored!! This was an amazing tour and If I'm ever in the area of Aruba again I'd for sure do it again!! :)

(5.5)

Very Pretty Place!! We didn't do an excurstion here, just ventured out and did our own thing. When we got off the ship there were huge waves hitting the rocks making for awesome pictures!! We went across the Swining opening and closing bridge. Very cool. We shopped and looked around at it's beauty. We ate the best nachos ever at this place called, The Sopranos. We were ported here from 2pm til 10pm. We got to see our ship lit up at night, very pretty! Near the ship there was a bar with music playing and we just relaxed here until dinner time at 8:15pm. Very nice Day here at Curacao!! Next time might venture out and do an excursion. I'd go here again for sure!!

Read 502 Curacao Reviews

Dune Buggy

This was the 1st time we've ever done an excursion with the ships. But I had read that this location wasn't the best place ever. So wanted to stay safe so we decided to go with the ship. It was a little on the pricey side but it was a very fun excursion. We did the off road buggy tour. It went through sugar cane fields. It was a long excursion. Get ready to get Dirty!! You will need sunglasses and bandanas. We brought our own. I think they had their own though if you needed them. This was a fun excursion just remember this though, it goes through a village that is trashy. Meaning it shows the way they live. Sad, just sad! Kids begging you for money, your sunglasses or anything you have. We actually seen some kids that were nude! They said not to give them anything because we couldn't give to them all. This was a fun excursion but I think if we ever port at Dom. Rep. again we will just stay on the ship.

Awesome Beach location! We ventured down to a little place called Jack's Shack which is just right down the beach from the ship. It was not crowded and gave us room to play in the ocean. The ocean was clear, clean and aqua colored!! We did get into the pool at Margaritaville but it was so crowded we didn't stay long. We shopped a little before getting back on the ship. This was a Very Pretty location. I would for sure go here again!!