Ventura Cruise Review by Tres98: P & O Ventura Never Again !

Tres98
Member Since 2014

P & O Ventura Never Again !

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Genoa

I have been on many cruises but this is my first on a P & O ship and it will definitely be my last for a number of reasons. The Waterside restaurant which is the buffet restaurant was far too small for the amount of people on board, everyone was banging into each other when they were attempting to get their food. The staff in this restaurant were as miserable as sin. I am disabled and walk with a stick the staff would see me carrying and just about balancing a tray in one hand & using my stick in the other hand, only one of the staff offered to help until the day before the end of the holiday when they obviously wanted tips then suddenly there were a lot more offers. They were so slow at clearing the tables they would walk past full tables with an empty tray and not clear the table. I piled some dishes onto a tray and politely asked one staff to take the tray and the look I was given, if looks could kill ! My Mum had food poisoning twice after visiting The Saffron restaurant More we know it was that one because it was the only thing she had eaten all day, I reported it and Mum was confined to cabin for 4 days the cleaners came and sanitised the cabin every day, it was great because the cabin got cleaned properly.

Our balcony was filthy and the balcony windows that we were supposed to look through to see the sea looked like they hadn't been cleaned in months. There was dirt all round the balcony and a leaf was stuck to the shelf the whole time we were there, I left it there just to see if the guy was cleaning properly. The sun beds were so close together you had to slide to the bottom of the bed to get off & even though you weren't supposed reserve beds people were leaving towels on the beds & going off for the day if we were in port & the staff left them there ! The waiters round the pool were coming round every 10 seconds asking if you wanted drinks & they would come up & interrupt a conversation to ask, so rude. There weren't enough direction signs round the ship my Mum was constantly getting lost, and she has cruised a lot as well. The ship charged £4.50 per person each way to get into Dubrovnik from the ship, it was only 10 mins away then they charged £15 per person for a water taxi to get from the ship to Venice. Dubrovnik was beautiful so was Venice so worth going to. Less

Read more Ventura cruise reviews >>