Grand Princess Cruise Review by dosi33

Cruise Date: May 2014
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Number: D526
See More About: Grand Princess Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Ship Facts: Grand Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Grand Princess Deck Plans
Absolutely Wonderful!

The staff were very friendly and attentive and gave excellent service. I truly felt pampered the whole time and did not have any negative experiences at all. The only thing that came a little bit close to being negative was that I talked to some other passengers who had a leak in their room, but they were subsequently upgraded to a better cabin so they were happy about it.

We had a mini suite and it was very spacious and tidy. It was showing some wear, but not much and it was fine with us. Our steward was very good about making sure we had everything we needed and took very good care of us.

The entertainment was good, but a little disappointing after my last Princess cruise which was hosting the Entertainer of the Year contest. I guess I can't expect a normal cruise to be on the same level as that, but it was still very good.

The food was excellent, especially considering that they are trying to make thousands of people happy. The French Onion Soup was one of the best I've ever had.

II think they did and excellent job with embarcation as well as getting everyone off the ship and back at each port.

Alaska was simply fabulous! I will definitely go again, but I think I will try one of the cruise tours next time and combine a cruise with some time in Denali. We didn't purchase our excursions through Princess. Instead we used a company called Shoretrips on the recommendation of our travel agent and she sure was right about them!

They were fabulous. We saw lots of eagles, whales, bears, ect. I thought it would be too early in the year but the guides knew just where to go.

All in all I was extremely pleased with my cruise. Princess could not have done a better job.

Publication Date: 06/20/14