Thomson Dream Cruise Review by Obsessivetraveller: Honest review

Honest review

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Palma de Mallorca

Tbh I often check reviews, but rarely write them myself as I always worry what I like others will not. However I was intrigued to see what others thought of the same cruise as I was on as this was our first cruise. I wanted to write a review as other reviews had sent me into panic before our cruise thinking the dream was horrible. I was surprised by the bad reviews the dream recieved from others so I wanted to give a differing perspective.

Flight on time, thomson staff pleasant and helpful. Straight forward booking onto the ship. Cabin was larger than I expected, but it thought I was going to be living in a show box for two weeks. Three of us in one cabin and still plenary roon. Slightly disappointed at the plain white bedding. Silly I know but I do think the orange throw in the pictures really brightens the room. It was clean and basic, but more than we expected for the minimal time we were spending in the cabin. Cannot fault our steward Ronaldo - he kept the place spotless More And friendly.

Ship itself agin exceeded our expectations, clean and nicely decorated. Plenary choice f bar areas. Although it was frustrating at busy times waiting on a drink when people would walk in and get drinks before us especially as when I did go to the bar to queue I was asked to sit down, but that really was minor. Red wine quality was great - not one hangover which was a bonus.

Ate mostly in them mdr-food quality was superior to any four star hotel we have stayed in. You literally could eat all day if you wanted. I especially loved a wee scone in the afternoon.

Pool areas clean. We personally had no problems finding beds except int afternoons after trips. We expected this and always did get a seat or a bed in the shade, just not in prime position. Staff came and took drinks orders at the pool also.

Shows I found were really good, with over a two week period two that were horrific. However I put this down to taste and know others would love an Andrew Lloyd's and clasical type spectacular. My particular fav was the queen show. Tbh we did our own thing and did not get involved int other entertainment. In my opinion this is why thomson is so good as you can get involved in as much or as little as you like.

Now for the bad........

Several customers believe it or not. We are younger and have never had such ageism on any holiday. The height of this was an older gent with a stick marching up to us on the top deck of the pool and accusing us of stealing his two euro paper towels and bed. Bearing in mind thomson provide the towels and I'm much more accustomed to heat magazine than the mirror. He then proceeded to shout and wave his stick very aggressively. For my partner it was funny but for me I was ragin as I would never treat anyone like this no matter what their age.

Although it did make my dad when it was pointed out to his wife they were actually on the wrong side of the ship and his paper and towels were exactly where he left them.

Again another passenger with a small child I saw being treated horrifically by another passenger. Her little one was on reign hand walking about and he felt it his duty to huff and rudely tell ur it was not a crèche. We all pay the same price no one has more or less right to be on holiday although some people may think so.

Overall it was an amazing holiday with some great ports. I most likely will do it again but the attitude of several passengers have gave me mixed opinion which really is a shame as overall it's a great ship with lovely staff Less

Read more Thomson Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Thomson Dream 7000

Good size and very clean