Carnival Valor Cruise Review by painkillerjenny

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Valor Cruise Review by painkillerjenny
Carnival Valor
Carnival Valor
Member Name: painkillerjenny
Cruise Date: June 2014
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Carnival Valor Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

A perfect family trip!

This trip was planned as a destination wedding for my husband and I. We invited a few friends and family not expecting anyone to join us, but we ended up having 16 people come celebrate with us!

We picked the Valor because of the affordability and also because we had never been to any of the islands on the itinerary. This was our 3rd cruise between us. We were on a pretty tight budget so everyone stayed in interior rooms although his parents treated us to a room with a balcony.

I planned most of the trip and activities before we left for the cruise, which I'm glad we did, as too many people were scrambling to make shore plans while we would get to a port.

I planned our trip based on 2 major sources: cruise critic and trip advisor. Cruise critic had more than enough information to point me in the right direction for deciding what onboard activities to do and also gave me several ideas for shore trips.

Trip advisor was a great resource for things to do in each port including activities and restaurants.

The Ship was adequate and is a great ship for the cost. The decor and condition of the ship is definitely showing signs of wear but it was very clean. The crew was plentiful and incredibly helpful and courteous. The food was for the most part good, although the selection is not what you would hope for.

Publication Date: 06/20/14