Carnival Valor Cruise Review by painkillerjenny: A perfect family trip!

painkillerjenny
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Southern Caribbean Cruises

A perfect family trip!

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

This trip was planned as a destination wedding for my husband and I. We invited a few friends and family not expecting anyone to join us, but we ended up having 16 people come celebrate with us!

We picked the Valor because of the affordability and also because we had never been to any of the islands on the itinerary. This was our 3rd cruise between us. We were on a pretty tight budget so everyone stayed in interior rooms although his parents treated us to a room with a balcony.

I planned most of the trip and activities before we left for the cruise, which I'm glad we did, as too many people were scrambling to make shore plans while we would get to a port.

I planned our trip based on 2 major sources: cruise critic and trip advisor. Cruise critic had more than enough information to point me in the right direction for deciding what onboard activities to do and also gave me several ideas for shore trips.

Trip advisor was a great resource for things to More do in each port including activities and restaurants.

The Ship was adequate and is a great ship for the cost. The decor and condition of the ship is definitely showing signs of wear but it was very clean. The crew was plentiful and incredibly helpful and courteous. The food was for the most part good, although the selection is not what you would hope for. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Walking Tour of Old San Juan

Went on a walking tour of Old San Juan. Private tour for just our group and it was superb. Manny, our guide, knew an incredible array of facts and stories about just every building.

He also joined us at one of his favorite watering holes for a few shots of tequila. A great start to our trip!

The reason for the cruise was to get married. We had planned our destination wedding months before we even booked our cruise. That is one of the reasons we booked on the Valor, because it came to St. Thomas

Amber with Blue Sky Ceremony helped me plan my beach wedding. We got married on Magens Bay in the morning, when we had the beach to ourselves. We then spent the rest of the afternoon playing in the water.

Read 2318 St. Thomas Reviews