Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by demibrown

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by demibrown
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: demibrown
Cruise Date: June 2014
Embarkation: Orlando (Port Canaveral)
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Entertainment Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Nice Cruise, but not without its issues

I will start with embarkation. We were in a suite, so we had VIP embarkation, which went very smoothly. We were onboard the ship within 5 minutes or so.

Our cabin was absolutely AMAZING!! It was my first time in a Grand Suite, and if the price is right, I would definitely book a Grand Suite again. However, this was a 3 day cruise, and on 2 days out of the cruise, the toilet would not flush due to "an issue with the main line". While I was given 20% off my next cruise after complaining to Guest Relations, I must say that I expected more given that we were in suite accommodations. The toilet should have been properly serviced. You shouldn't have to search the ship to use the bathroom! We missed breakfast in the Windjammer on the last day due to the toilet not working!

As for the ports, Nassau is ok. We did get off briefly in the evening to view the area, but in all honesty, there really was no reason to get off the ship. We didn't even bother getting off the ship for the tender at CoCo Cay. Why go to a hot island when we could stay on an air conditioned ship?

Dining was forgettable. We dined in the main dining room the first night, and dinner wasn't all that great. We skipped dinner all together the second night, and on the third night we tried Chops Grille! OMG! The service in Chops was AMAZING! The food was OUTSTANDING!! I wish we had gone there all three nights! The food was actually hot! My fiance had the veal, which was melt in your mouth delicious! It was even better than my filet mignon!

We didn't attend any of the shows, so I can't really review that.

However, the best part of the cruise was the Concierge Lounge. My fiance and I watched the sunset on the first night, while sipping a glass of champagne and eating chocolate covered strawberries. It was so romantic and really set the mood for our entire cruise. Reyno, the Concierge was PHENOMENAL!!! He played the best music, and we had great conversations with him. I also enjoyed making my lattes in the lounge and having afternoon snacks. The Concierge Lounge makes it definitely worth upgrading to a suite!

Overall, we enjoyed our cruise. However, I don't think we will be sailing on Enchantment again until they address the plumbing issues. While I don't think we will be cruising on a "mega ship" as we enjoyed the intimacy of the Enchantment. I do think we will try a longer cruise on a slightly newer ship for our next "couple" getaway.

Publication Date: 06/19/14