Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by amurzy

Member Name: amurzy
Cruise Date: June 2014
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
See More About: Norwegian Jewel Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Dining Not Rated
Public Rooms Not Rated
Cabins Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated
Embarkation Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Not a cruise for families with babies

The Good: The food in the specialty restaurants was very good. Service in these areas was fine and the price for the dining package was reasonable. The views and ports we stopped at were awesome.

The Bad: we traveled with our three year-old who would have enjoyed the kids club while we were at dinner however, the staff told him that if he wanted to leave all he had to do was say so and he could rather than engaging him for the very minimal amount of thime he was there. So as a result we were paged out of almost every one of our extra priced dinners because he did not want to be there.

The ugly: We we were also traveling with our 7 month old , for whom we paid despite him not eatimg or drinking anything. I understand this is how a lot of cruises work. However, when we got into our room, which we paid extra fo to have a balcony, there was no room for his pack and play. Our room Stewart suggested we have our toddler sleep on the loft bed with a tiny railing, which was so not happening. I contacted Guest Service and they told me there was nothing they could do. . I asked to speak to a supervisor and it was at this point the woman who I was talking to covered the phone and told the woman next to her what was going on. The woman next to her replied , " tell her I'm the supervisor and hand me the phone."

It was at this point that I realized we werent going to get anywhere. We honestly would have gotten off the ship but we were there to celebrate my parents 60th birthdays and they have been on over 10 NCL cruises they loved. My infant eneded up sleeping in his carseat in the shower stall for the week and we had to use our expensive balcony to house our luggage and stroller. As compensation, the staff sent us a bottle of wine. Had they even looked at our reservation they would have seen that we spent another $700 for the wine and beer package already.

Publication Date: 06/18/14