Carnival Valor Cruise Review by halifaxrocks: Carnival Valor - Eastern Caribbean

halifaxrocks
Member Since 2006

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Valor - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: January 2007

Another GREAT CRUISE!!! Even better than our Western Car. on the Conquest last year. I took my parents this year, they have never been anywhere or cruising either. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami right across from the Bayside Market which was cool. There is the little market and they had live bands every night and lots of little bars and stuff. We spent 2nights and I though getting to port would be bad as there was a marathon going on that I had no idea about. We got REALLY LUCKY with our cab driver, this guy would have run over a senior citizen to get us to port! He brought us right to the door in 10mins in gridlock traffic!! I still don't know how he did this! we showed up early enough to get our SS done at the first desk and then sat in the waiting area for about an hour and then we were on in a snap. Showing up early is good!

We had lunch on Lido while waiting for our rooms, which were done at about 12:30 or so? Unpacked and explored the ship. This class ship More was the same as the last so we knew our way around no problem. I heard people say it was "Goddy" looking, but I thought the decor was very nice. I couldn't believe I got sea sick my first night, I never do this and my mom got sick too! They say the back of the ship is the spot to feel the motion and the Atlantic side of the Car. is more rocky. Thank goodness this was the only night for that! I can't even remember what else we did the 1st night? Disco and a show or something? They were both good.

The shows and activities are the same and are equally good. The legends show on this cruise was bad but I give those people credit for going up there because the place is PACKED!!! The piano bar was good but I was really looking forward to hearing Ron Pass as I hear he is amazing. CHECK OUT THE STREET MAGICIAN!!!! Simply amazing, you see him at night on the leather couches by the casino and he is there for about 5hrs or so. We checked him out more than once, I forget his name but he kicks butt!! My wife and I discovered 3 card poker this year so we weren't as lucky as last year, made a donation this time! Service was excellent as always! We had Timea and Jose in the Washington dining room and I hope they read this cause really us people at table 1 wanted to take you two home!!! Top shelf staff! I wish I could remember our cabin stuarts name but he and his helper were A1!!!

Nassau was nothing special for me, a little windy that day and we didn't book anything to do, went to the straw market. If you are Canadian and didn't bring enough smokes Nassau is the only place with duty free Canadian smokes. Meant nothing to me but mom is a smoker and I smoke around mom so her stock went down a little quicker!!! LOL!! St. Thomas was nice, a little dirty in spots but we took a cab, $9 pp to Coki Beach and Coral World. Did the SNUBA dive with Tammy, awesome!!! spent the rest at the beach, very nice and great weather. St. Maarten was my favorite spot, very clean and friendly. 99 cent beers right off the water taxi, which is $5 back and forth as much as you want. Funny water was $1 per bottle, cheaper to drink beer so I did LOL!! Rum tasting everywhere and lots of shops. This was the one place we used all the free gimmie coupons. Then we stumbled upon something I had no idea was there...... THE YODA GUY!!! Nick, one of the key people involved in creating Yoda and bringing him to life!! He had a small shrine set up and lots of story boards and pics. I bought a poster with all but BEN and LEA's signatures on it. The highlight of my day!!

Our sea days were great, pool and hot tubs aft always had room. Fish and chips is good as they say and Scarlets is truly a five star eatery. I could go on and on and I sure I'm forgetting something, just take the cruise you won't regret it!!! Mom is ready to book another with us next year! Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>