Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by bltinfla: Enjoyable Baltic cruise

Enjoyable Baltic cruise

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Copenhagen

Our cabin was supposed to be a balcony #6235. Unaware to us we were upgraded to a Junior Suite upon check-in. Great!! Only one problem...our luggage tags had 6235 on them. On checking with guest relations, we were told not to worry our luggage would be relocated. Well as the ship sailed at 5:00PM and it was 4:30, we got a little bit worried. I did find my wife's suitcase outside 6235 and relocated it. But mine was still missing. I must give a great thanks to Neil, our cabin attendant for searching for it himself and finding it. (It was inside stateroom 6235.)

Neil was prompt, courteous and friendly throughout our cruise. Of our 15 cruises I think he was the best. (Are you reading this RCCL?)

We were assigned to a dining table with 8 others. And this was the most eclectic dining combo we've had. One couple was German, even though the wife was native English. Another was a newly-wed couple from the US. He was stationed in Germany for the army. Another were two young More women in their 20's who just were going for the fun of it. The final couple were Canadians from Vancouver. And us from Florida. In spite, or because of this, we had a great time sharing our various adventures at each port. This is why my wife and I enjoy the assigned dining. We have met many interesting people.

Our wait staff was excellent. As with Neil, I again have to say they were probably the best we had. Bernard was the waiter and (I don't remember his name...something like Sarko was the assistant.)

The dining room dinner were excellent, neither of us had any complaints. I had the soft-drink package and our servers were right their with my drink.

As we were in the Baltic in May the pool areas was fairly empty. We wanted to use the Solarium but apparently people camp out at 6:30 AM and stay all day on non-port days. Even on port days you'd have to get back quick to get a couple lounge chairs there.

I found service at the bars and guest relations to also be very good.

The negative was Chops Grille. I ordered a porterhouse steak, medium rare. What I got was a well, well done steak. As everyone knows a well done steak is no longer a steak. They sent it back and provide another porterhouse steak. This one was so tough and full of gristle that I could not eat it. They did give me a credit for the dinners we had, but Chops is supposed to be the signature restaurant. The prime rib and steaks were better in the dining room.

The Windjammer was its usual busy place and the food was good if not spectacular. We ate lunches and several breakfasts at the Park Cafe. The selection was limited, but good, and not crowded.

We booked Alla Tours for our excursions in Helsinki, Tallinn, Stockholm and St. Petersburg. I would highly recommend them.

All in all our trip was very enjoyable, if not tiring, especially in St. Petersburg. We did enjoy Legend of the Seas. It was a long time since we've sailed a "small" ship. It was kinda nice to quickly go from one end to the other as compared to the Allure and the Oasis. Less

Read more Legend of the Seas cruise reviews >>