Grand Princess Cruise Review by cruzin4

Cruise Date: June 2014
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Number: E617
See More About: Grand Princess Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Grand Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Grand Princess Deck Plans
Fabulous

My husband and I booked and obstructed view cabin in the Emerald deck. I had been reading previous reviews and was prepared for the worse. It was our first time visiting Alaska, this was our 15 th cruise, we have sailed to the mediterranean twice and all other cruises in the caribbean. We have sailed on NCL, Royal Caribbean, Disney, and Carnival, this was our first time on Princess.

The service and attention to cruisers was var superior than what I have experienced before. The crew behaves like they know you are on vacation and you should not be worrying about anything. Every morning we had breakfast at the buffet on the 14th floor. The variety was a little different everyday but breakfast is breakfast, and everything I could ever want to eat at BREAKFAST time, is available. They even have choices to please both the Asian and Europeans on board. In addition, you can have your personalized omellette with more ingredients available than on other ships.

Lunch was fantastic everyday , so many choices. In addition to the buffet, there are two different places to eat pizza, a hamburger and hot dog grill, the international cafe, and pub lunches during sea days. Dinner was good and we even visited the Crown Grill one evening. Most days I was so full from eating so many desserts and yummy delights, that I could t finish my dinner.

The desserts are fabulous and available all day long 24 hours a day.

I didn't see any shows, other than the different musicians on the lobby deck and by the pool. Music was very nice and quality. My husband and I spent our spare time at the casino. Everyone was very friendly and had great attitudes.

The ports were very nice. I learned that to actually get close to the glacier and Tracy Arm Froge you need to buy the tour. I went on a tour at each port, but I would not do it again. They were all excellent but they it seemed I was seeing the same thing over and over again. My advice is to book one expensive jaw dripping excursion, and just walk around the rest of the ports. There is lot to do.

Publication Date: 06/18/14