Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by jenjes3: June 8th 2014 Bermuda cruise - Enjoyable with a few problems

jenjes3
Member Since 2000

Compare Prices on Celebrity Summit Bermuda Cruises

June 8th 2014 Bermuda cruise - Enjoyable with a few problems

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

Husband and I have sailed on twelve previous cruises. This is the second time on the Summit. We live in New Jersey and it is very convenient for us.

Checking in was a breeze. We were on the pool deck by noon. The pool area is fun and they had different DJ type music. It was upbeat.

Our cabin was 8149 Concierge class. Our cabin stewart was excellent. The room seemed smaller then what we remembered and the balcony was small. Unfortunately the air conditioning did not work great. We complained they said it was fixed but never felt cool enough for us. Our toitlet wouldn't flush 3 -4 times and we had to call housekeeping.

We loved Bermuda and enjoyed Horseshoe Bay, Elbow Beach and shopping at Hamilton. We purchased the bus transportatiion ticket. The weather was beautiful.

We would enjoy the Sunset Bar along with the great duo - It's 5'oclock somewhere - they were great. The piano man in the main area was good. Husband and I enjoyed comedian in theatre. More

Now for the negatives - the food in the buffet area not good. We always found something but do not like the concept of the little baskets. The omlet lines were usually long. The pasta station though along with the pizza very good. However, they would open late some afternoons along with not having enough staff or food. Definite lack of service and help.

We chose Select dining and made a reservation every day. The food was good and the waiter service ok. The biggest gripe was 2 different people handling our drinks - I would like wine and husband wanted a cocktail. I would receive my wine and he had to wait sometimes 15 minutes. I complained to the maitred on the second or third night - after that we were moved to different section and much better service.

I would sail on the Summit again. It is showing it's age. Bermuda is beautiful and again it is very convenient to sail from - within an hour drive. Overall the cruise was very enjoyable with a little bit for the staff of Celebrity to work on -

I should add husband and I had the prem. beverage package - totally loved it! It was paid through Celebrity and upgraded by out travel agent. The martini bar was a favorite. We also had paid gratuities.

The weather was fantastic! Hard to come back to reality. Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Summit 8149

Room a little small and air conditioning not working great. Our cabin steward was excellent . Toilet had some issues too.

The port is ok - Bermuda is why you are here. It is a far ride to get to beaches etc.