“Celebrity ”

lpat58
Member Since 2014
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

The Celebrity ships that I have been on are very nice. The cabins are great, the common areas are nice (though I'd love to have a sports bar on board), and the decor of the ships are terrific. What I hate about the last two Celebrity cruises (Eclipse and Silhouette) is the extreme sales techniques. Always being pushed to buy, buy, buy. It is awful. The crew members assigned to do these tasks are very nice and not overtly pushy but CONSTANT, including messages left on your phone, at your cabin, and on your online account. Sign up for select dining. Use our shore excursions or you might not be able to get into town easily (we never had a problem getting a taxi but Celebrity tells you it is problematic). Buy our beverage package, which might be a decent deal but confusing as to what it covers. Their wines are over priced and not a great pour. It is unlikely I'll sail with them again.

Other than the pool bar and the mast bar, the service is very good on the Silhouette. They have improved the flavor of their food (more spice and ethnic variety) and really improved the music in the common areas to be less Lawrence Welk and much more contemporary. But I can't get past the mercenary tactics.

Celebrity Silhouette Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

6164
This is an "obstructed view" veranda cabin. My veranda overlooked a life boat which was really distracting, however, I got the cabin for the same price as an indoor cabin so I didn't mind.The bed is closest to the sliding glass doors. I prefer the rooms where the couch is closest to the sliding glass doors. Just my personal preference. The rooms are paired so the cabin to the right of 6164 has the couch closest to the veranda. Whatever your preference, if any, you should be able to get that.These cabins have great storage. The bed and couch are a bit hard but not a big deal to me.
Published 06/18/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Silhouette Review
Celebrity Silhouette Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?