“Very disappointing”

chubbalah
Member Since 2014
1 Helpful Vote
Overall Member Rating

This was our first time with Princess although we have cruised many times with other lines.We were given Platinum Captain Circle status because of this. The ship is exactly like P&O Ventura/Azura. Well maintained. We had been told that Princess was " a notch up" from P&O but it isn't. The balcony cabin was fine although I missed the tea and coffee making facility, drinks can be ordered from room service but that's not the same. We had three sea days to start the cruise. We found very little in the way of entertainment on these days.Plenty of "non hosted" get togethers for Engineers, Teachers , Conspiracy Theorists !! No guest speakers In fact just amateurish quizzes etc. Having paid a reasonable amount for a cruise I don't expect to have to make my own entertainment !

We were Anytime Dining and thought the food was pretty good. Where Princess fall down is with the breakfasts. Only one MDR is open on port days until 9 . On sea days until 930 but queues snake up the stairs to try to gain a seat. To breakfast in the Buffet(Horizon) and get a seat is pretty near impossible with people sitting , not eating but chatting and doing Sudoko until late morning. Breakfast selection in the MDR is pretty poor. Toast seems to be at a premium with only two pieces given " like gold dust"!!

The ports on this cruise were not very interesting with Madeira being the best by far. A shuttle bus was laid on to get into the town ,Funchal, costing $10 per person !!! When free shuttles are provided these are by the Port Authorities NOT by Princess

I had read reviews on here of Princess being a nickel and dime company and I think that sums it up They try to squeeze the last bit of money out of you with their expensive prices for everything.

We would not cruise with Princess again

Emerald Princess Cruises to Canary Islands
1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic’s Emerald Princess Review
Emerald Princess Cruises to Canary Islands
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?