Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by agbells: Full of Entertainment

Compare Prices on Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruises

Full of Entertainment

Sail Date: June 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We did the Western Caribbean cruises on June 7, 2014. It was a 7 night cruise. Port of calls were: cozumel, grand cayman, falmouth, and castaway cay.

Disney Fantasy ship was awesome; it had all the entertainments for all ages. Movies were great too, we got to watch Maleficent on board, as well as Muppets Most Wanted and Captain America (pretty much all of disney owned movies).

The staterooms were spacious and clean.

Staffs were excellent. A+++ for all services. They totally make you feel like welcomed and comfortable.

Food were good too; yeah there are some dishes weren't great, but for the most part, all the food were not bad. There are also adults only dining, I thought that was a great idea for parents who just want some alone time. They can drop their kids off at the kids area (which will keep them occupied and entertained) and have a nice quiet meal.

I love that not only can families have a good time, if you are going with no kids, you More can also enjoy yourself too. there are plenty of areas for 18+ and over only so you won't hear and see any kids running around.

I understand that Disney cruiseline is more on the expensive side, but I can see why. All the entertainment and details they put on the ship is more extensive than other cruise lines. All those disney characters walking around to take pictures and entertain the kids; all the different technologies for children and teenagers to play around the ship - i was a bit jealous that I was not a kid. haha. I wish I can be a kid so I can play with all the activities they have to offer for them. Less

Read more Disney Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Fantasy Review >>

disney's private island!!! it is awesome! you have the family beach section for kids to go on water slide and snorkeling. Then there's the adult section -- super quiet for adults to relax and go sun bathing.

water are super clear; at the adult beach, i found conch, starfish, and tons of sand dollars. Lot of pretty seashells as well.

at 11:30, they serve food at the adult and family sections... it's a BBQ fest. Both food area serve the same food EXCEPT the adult area has steaks. both have assorted fresh fruits and soft serve ice cream.

Mayan Ruins

(2)

It was really hot. While it was informative, i was ready to go back to the cruise after 1 hour. We did the adult tour for the mayan ruins. Our shuttle took us to the mayan ruins first, then to a tequila factory where we got to sample different types of tequila, and lastly visited a Discover Mexico museum site ( this was not worth it). Lunch was provided -- food was just okay. i rather stay on board and eat cruise food.

i only walked around the port; it's really new looking and nice. Lots of shops that sells jewelries and crafts. You will find souvenir shops as well. Nothing exciting happening here; only thing I bought was a jar of Jamaican jerk sauce.

Read 476 Falmouth Reviews

Turtle Farm

(5)

i really enjoyed this excursion, while it was a bit long i still had a good time. I mean, how often do you get to hold a baby green sea turtle? and feed sea turtles? anyway, it was great. i enjoyed the holding the turtle part. But i don't need to spend so many hours at the farm. Our tour included lunch and we got to go snorkeling in their lagoon -- the lagoon isn't that great; small lagoon with fish and a few turtles.

I wish this excursion is 1-2 hrs long and then go somewhere else like 7 mile beach and go snorkeling there. I rather go snorkeling out in the sea than at their lagoon because their lagoon had a lot of algae.