“Lots of improvement required - Disappointed”
Cruise review of P&O Aurora

philr67 Aurora 1 Lots of improvement required - Disappointed
philr67
Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I have sailed on P&O's Arcadia and Ventura and cruised with RCI,NCL, Cunard and Thomson. This cruise was a complete let down when compared to all of the other cruises I have been on. The food selection and quality is poor and the organisation in the Orangery buffet restaurant was chaotic. We paid £12 each extra for the Pennant Grill (which is basically part of the outside deck of the buffet restaurant, with tablecloths). The food was ok but if you wanted certain menu items such as steak or strawberries you had to pay an extra £3 to £5 per item on top. The food wasn't even worth the extra money and I have eaten better in some of the main restaurants on other cruise lines.

The ship is a smaller older ship, which we knew when we booked the cruise but there seems to be no atmosphere. The staff have to be the worst I have ever experienced. They seem miserable and uninterested and at times I felt like I was putting them out. I don't want to be waited on hand and foot but I have had better service in McDonalds. The only staff member who was pleasant and helpful was our Cabin Steward 'Glenn'. I was really glad this was only a 2 day cruise, I wouldn't like to spend any longer on this ship (perhaps the staff feel the same way and that is why they are so miserable). I feel very let down by this cruise, I traveled with 6 others experiencing their first cruise and feel I have let them down and should have suggested a different cruise. Save your money and precious holiday time and choose a different ship or cruiseline. P&O you need to sort things out on this ship, the standards aren't acceptable.

Aurora Cruises to the British Isles & Western Europe

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Aurora Review
Aurora Cruises to the British Isles & Western Europe
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?