Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by skandic6: Tired Ship, Staff and Entertainment

skandic6
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Adventure of the Seas Baltic & Northern Europe Cruises

Tired Ship, Staff and Entertainment

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Southampton

Recently returned from Iceland and Norway Cruise. I had high expectations of Royal Caribbean having travelled with them before.

However the downside for me this time was the very tired state of my Jubior Suite Stateroom - furniture badly needing replaced, bathroom and shower facilities requiring attention and the entire cabin requireing some TLC.

Many of the staff were reaching the end of their contracts and were only too willing to tell how fed up they were. I fully undersr=tand they must be after eight months long haul. however it does nothing to cheer people up who have been so looking forward to their brteak.

Worst of all was some of the entertainment - some acts were sadly very tired looking and certainly past their sell by date. - Really disappointing standard compared to some other cruise ships I have been on.

Only three production shows and some of the cast didnt even botehr to mime ti the respective backing tracks making it look a very More contrived performance. The sound operator should also look at his input as the volume levels were wayb out - many people were constantly leaving the theatre as they could not bear the excessive volume - I certainly couldn't blame them.

On the plus side there was a huge surprise when we had Kerry Ellis, of WesT End fame performing Tell Me On A Sunday - outstanding!!!!! A light at the end of the tunnel..

A wonderful ice show, great group the Zoots and a wonderfully engaging string quartet helped balance the very poor showing of other acts.

Travelling alone I tend to take organised trips but oh dear - the organiostaion in the morning of these trips was a joke - they should again look to some other lines to see how effectively this can be carried out.

On several trips we were accompanied by personnel from the ship - why? They were rude, arrogant and of no help to the local guides who on the whole were really excellent.

Some lovely staff in the dining room but the food choices, presentation and quality of food was very varied.

The windjammer was badly laid out and always congested.

We visited some lovely places but the places we had a very long time in did not always require this and vice versa.

As I mentioned before there were some lovely staff, exciting visits, some highlights but I feel overall for the money that a single traveller has to pay this ship certainly did not come up to the high standards that other ships and lines can offer.

I would recommend travellers sailing out of Southampton to look at other options. Less

Read more Adventure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Adventure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Adventure of the Seas 9538

Nice large cabin but requiring attention in many areas.